Very nice, plasticsurgeon. You've set the bar for that paint scheme.

I'm working on a Nf 12 at the moment, my first Matchbox Meteor. It's devouring filler! Should provide a few lessons before this group build begins.

Edited by Magua87

hmmm interesting topic

if I can find a reasonably priced CA 1/48 f.4 or f.8. I would do one in Egyptian markings probably!

time to search the net for one!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm keen to do another Meteor. I did an MPM FR9 not long ago but once I'd finished it I started to notice that the kit nose is a bit stubby and should be pointier. I'm thinking of doing a PR10 next but would welcome any info folks have about decent drawings for the camera nose.

J

just ordered this one here as a rerference:

Gloster Meteor

Aircraft of the Israel Air Force n° 6

http://www.isradecal.com/#!product/prd1/1448294121/gloster-meteor

IAFB13.jpg

picture from, and available e.g.at https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/IAFB13

still no kit in sight though.....

Edited by exdraken

just ordered this one here as a rerference:

Gloster Meteor

Aircraft of the Israel Air Force n° 6

http://www.isradecal.com/#!product/prd1/1448294121/gloster-meteor

IAFB13.jpg

picture from, and available e.g.at https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/IAFB13

still no kit in sight though.....

Excellent book, you'll love it!

Michael

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

book arrived!

very nice and rare and interesting pictures and info! absolutely recommendable!

does it have much info on the NF.13's?

I know there is another book by Isradecal that does, it also comes with decals so of cause it's near impossible to find now!!!!

• Like 2

seems I found a CA Meteor kit :) :)

a T.Mk.7 twoseater... so less options for armament :(

at least everybody operated them!

does it have much info on the NF.13's?

I know there is another book by Isradecal that does, it also comes with decals so of cause it's near impossible to find now!!!!

depends on what you consider "much" ;)

3-4 pages, several contemporary b/w photographs! have not read through all of it yet!

If you need more info on that matter, PM me?

Well, I only have 15 unbuilt 1/72nd scale Meatboxes in the ole stash. I might be tempted to throw my hat into the ring on this one. But there's the actually finishing the model bit that always trips me up. Still, I might give it a go - now which one to do - a PR.10, an F.3, F.4, Mk.7.5 (the Martin-Baker test bed), the prone pilot version (still need to buy that one)...

Best Regards,

Jason

The T7 started with Derwent 5 engines with the small bore intakes. These were replaced by Derwent 8s on later batches with the large intakes. At the moment I can't tell you when this happened.It seems that they were developed on F8 VZ517 and may have been fitted after being returned to Gloster's for modifications on 12 September 1950. With T7 deliveries starting in October 1948 and finishing in July 1954 it would seem that most had larger intakes.

The earliest F8 had Derwent 8 with the small intake but most had the larger. Delivered October 1950 to June 1954. I suspect the change over happened sometime at the end on 1950.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say the kit intakes are woefully out of shape, just somewhat fiddly to install and then have a seam inside which would make the resin replacements helpful.

Michael

• Like 1

....just somewhat fiddly to install and then have a seam inside which would make the resin replacements helpful.

Michael

According to a fellow who built several that could be an understatement worthy of a politician :clown: I'd still have a T7 if Hannants do the decent thing or my eBay hunting bears fruit.

I've just realised that with a large number of modellers building these and completing them in the run up to Christmas, which is when Airfix will make their 2016 range announcements, it will be a sacrifice too big for the Kit Gods to ignore. What price a new Airfix Meteor for next year?

Edited by T7 Models
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Getting closer... I'm (possibly) in with a Trent Meteor (mostly because it'll wow 'em at my local show next year) and possibly George Hale's F.Mk 8 'Halestorm', because Aussie. I know that that airframe is like an opinion (everyone has one), but hey ho.

Hmm, was just giving the CA Meteor 4 a(nother) once over, then looked at the cover of the Aeroplane Icons book. G-AIDC would be an eye-catcher, but that fuselage stripe and fancy lettering would be a trick...

bob

p.s. Overall red with white (ivory?) lettering, for those who are wondering.

Edited by gingerbob

Generally speaking the "Wide breathers" were fitted to Meteor F8's in the WKxxx and WLxxx range of serials. Most being fitted on the production line. Is clear that SOME T7's had these fitted, but it doesn't seem to be as widespread as the F8 (or FR9/PR10). I haven't yet found much evidence to suggest that wide breathers were retro fitted to earlier examples, though I dare say it could have happened. Best bet is to look at as many photo's as you can...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee! I had a good month at work and the boss decided I've earned a bonus. Guess what I went for? The HK 1/32 Meteor with Fisher F.8/9 conversion and Zotz decals for an Israeli bird!!

zotz_32069_d1.jpg

Now, which one should I do? Man, decisions decisions...

Michael

• Like 1

I actually have an appalling "success rate" on GB's. BUT....I'd dearly like to participate in this one....

Not sure what yet, but I do have a goodly stash of various marks in the loft....including a few CA kits in 1/48th scale....

Of course once I start building any one of these, Airfix will no doubt announce in December a brand spanking new Meteor series covering the F8/FR9 and T7!!

I'm willing to take the hit!!!

That is probably true Bill but isn't that the best time to build the old ones....

Please can I join this build? Never built a meteor before, but they are very beautiful. I was just looking at one of the MPM kits. Any thoughts?

That is probably true Bill but isn't that the best time to build the old ones....

Please can I join this build? Never built a meteor before, but they are very beautiful. I was just looking at one of the MPM kits. Any thoughts?

You can certainly join the build, welcome! Try looking here for info and reviews of the MPM kits: http://www.scalemates.com/search-solr.php?fkSECTION%5B%5D=All&q=MPM+Production+Meteor*

20150812_060403_zpsb1jne8cz.jpg

Yay! Got the kit and decals, now I just need the Fisher conversion. I have a couple of Paul's products and know they are worth the wait, but man am I looking forward to it!

Michael

• Like 2

nice!!!!!

and the Fisher resin bits will be amazing, expensive but worth it! They have to be some of the best resin casters in the business!!

I've got a Classic Airframes NF.11/13 beasty with replacement Barracuda resin "big Bore" intakes for this build which will be done as a Israeli nightfighter.

• Like 2