Beauty! IsraDecal did a sheet for IAF Meteors. If you can find one of those too, you're off to the races! :bouncy:

Michael

• 1 month later...

Beauty! IsraDecal did a sheet for IAF Meteors. If you can find one of those too, you're off to the races! :bouncy:

Michael

took me forever but I managed to get a CA Meteor NF.11/13 from South Africa, actually wasn't that expensive compaired to some of the prices I've seen for ones previously sold on evilbay!

plus got some Barracuda Big Bore intakes, so that should put an end to the horrible intake joins!

Have spents hour trolling the net for the Isradecal sheet, think that'll be the hardest to find....but have a cunning backup plan!

Oh, go on then.

It will be either;

F.4 Argentine Air Force

T.7 Brazilian Air Force

F.8 Brazilian Air Force

Assorted night fighters

All in 48 and how difficult is the Classic Airframes series to build...? :wicked:

Christian the Married and exiled to africa

• Like 1

Christian,

Actually I've built the F8 and thought it wasn't too bad. The nose gear is quite fragile and needs to be treated carefully but as I recall there are some build reviews on the usual suspect websites with some good ideas how to handle that. The fronts of the intakes can be difficult around the seam areas, but not impossible IMHO. I plan on probably building another for this STGB (unless I'm burned out by then in which case a Tamiya F.3).

Michael

Christian,

Actually I've built the F8 and thought it wasn't too bad. The nose gear is quite fragile and needs to be treated carefully but as I recall there are some build reviews on the usual suspect websites with some good ideas how to handle that. The fronts of the intakes can be difficult around the seam areas, but not impossible IMHO. I plan on probably building another for this STGB (unless I'm burned out by then in which case a Tamiya F.3).

Michael

Cheers Michael!

That will probably be a go-er then...

Christian the Married and exiled to africa :raincloud:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Think I will be up for this ,get away from the stars and bars

I will go with a Royal Navy one

Les

Edited by wellzy

Hi All

After the assistance I've received elsewhere on this forum I've got a bit of a Meteor thing going on. I'll be in for this.

In 1/48th either;

Trent Meteor

Very late long nacelle F3 (I'd like to do 92 Squadron Paul Brickhill's unit as I really enjoy The Great Escape book AND film) Any assistance on markings appreciated!

Argentine F4

Depending on how the Muse takes me!

Nick

• 5 weeks later...

We're just over a month away from the start, I've got my kit. Matchbox I've got the Model Art decals for an RN TT20. However the Matchbox kit is bereft of descent cockpit detail. Does on of you knind chaps have any good pics or an illistration with which to fashion the pits?

Thanks in advance.

Colin

We're just over a month away from the start, I've got my kit. Matchbox I've got the Model Art decals for an RN TT20. However the Matchbox kit is bereft of descent cockpit detail. Does on of you knind chaps have any good pics or an illistration with which to fashion the pits?

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Sorry you have a year to wait for the start of this one

Sorry Colin, but you heard the boss. I'll see what I can find about some pics though!

Michael

Sorry you have a year to wait for the start of this one

Oh bum and I had a severe panic yesterday, I found the kit but had mislaid the decal sheet... Thanks Mish, all sorted so now I can put the kit back in the stash.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...