Russian modern armour Images

magman2

RS-24 Yars mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles were stuck in a traffic jam at Moscow Automobile Ring Road, on 26 February:

wAU-Jf8F2z.jpg

https://defence-blog.com/news/russian-intercontinental-ballistic-missiles-were-stuck-in-a-traffic-jam.html

What a wonderful plot for a diorama!

😁

In general, they need to put special flashing beacons as ambulance, firefighters, police e.t.c , and then suddenly the Armageddon  and they are in a traffic jam! 😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

In reality on this RS-24 Yars NO mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles! 

Because this RS-24 Yars go to training for parade on Victory Day 9 may 2019.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, magman2 said:

T-80BVM with the new "soft" side ERA       Российские морские пехотинцы 🇷🇺

rltwtZf.jpg

Net Photo

This is a still from a video covering the T-90M, they included some very brief footage of the T-80BVM too: 

On 27/02/2019 at 10:42, magman2 said:

The latest T-90M,“Proryv-3 🇷🇺  Русская армия

dNQK157.jpg

Net Photo 

That's an older photo of one the earlier configurations. It's had various changes since then, it now looks like this (the slat armour has been replaced with nets for example);

73wrNa1.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Alex, that video is very interesting, even without being able to understand any word other than 'Da'!

Interesting to see at 14:27 that the turret fills with fumes when the main gun fires though...

• Like 1

New MT-LBu ("Izdelie 10"):

6609466_800.jpg

New MT-LB ("Izdelie 6") on theme 

"Reconstruction":

6609323_800.jpg

Civilians version MT-LBu "Okhotnik" (Hunter*):

6609756_800.jpg

...for blackjack and....well, you understand 😁😁 why this interior:

6610030_800.jpg

Resources:

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3554452.html

36 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Interesting to see at 14:27 that the turret fills with fumes when the main gun fires though...

The video says that the fumes dissipates after a few seconds. Further there is no word about ventilation, but air conditioning is mentioned. Then the sensations from the shot are compared with the sensation from the shot from the T-14 Aramata cannon.

B.R.

Serge

* - are they words

there that others no longer know?

Second "Okhotnik" (Hunter) after of this: 😲

• 2 weeks later...

I was flipping through the thread and it reminded me of something.  Thought Id add a few (though not very good) photos, with some real world weathering :)  Sorry if its in the wrong place. 

46470833845_5b8eeed591_o.jpg

Some BRDM-1's all in a row.  Hungarian Nato markings cca 2001'

47333116312_def24ab210_o.jpg

And from the front

47333116432_4acab29d7f_h.jpg

Playing around on some T52's put out to pasture.  These were used as targets in live fire training exercises. maybe some good examples of natural "weathering" :) A much younger me.

46470833695_aa65346e03_b.jpg

Same thing, Front and center

Last one for here. 

33509963428_7f9ae02899_o.jpg

BTR-80, I thought I had more pictures of this seeing as this was in our unit, the private posing with his M64B  :) (not me) to the left of the frame just visible a GAZ-66 with communications cab on the back, a few hundered kilos of radios.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Т-14 Aramata - the end! 😁

The new top secret 

prototype, which should replace the T-14 Aramata in the Russian army:

😁😁😁

Straight and impossible to joke in this topic? 😉

Pay attention to the M113 in the video from Kubinka!😉😎

O.K. for serious people from this topic which needs fresh Russian T-14 Aramata:

Watch the parade on Victory Day 05/09/2019 on Red Square, these T-14s are going to the parade.

B.R.

Serge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Russian Pantsir S2M. 2019  🇷🇺

This is the latest development, of the Pantsir AA System. New Radars capable of Tracking Drones and Destroying Them.(IDF Harop ect) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Net Photos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magman2 said:

Russian Pantsir S2M. 2019  🇷🇺

This is the latest development, of the Pantsir AA System. New Radars capable of Tracking Drones and Destroying Them.(IDF Harop ect) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Net Photos

There is also an updated competitor  new version of the 9A331M combat vehicle of the short-range anti-aircraft missile system 9K331M Tor-M2, made on the new hull chassis with an 8x8 wheel formula developed by Bryansk Automobile Plant:

6982982_original.jpg

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3686239.html

But, this more interesting:

6978207_original.jpg

Prototype heavy combat vehicle T-15 ("Object 149") on the promising universal tracked platform "Armata" performed with equipping new combat remote-controlled module "Dagger" with a 57-mm automatic cannon.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3684477.html

Because, 57-mm automatic cannon, it's perspective future army weapons.

B.R.

Serge

• 1 month later...
On 15/03/2019 at 15:26, Mark Szeman said:

I was flipping through the thread and it reminded me of something.  Thought Id add a few (though not very good) photos, with some real world weathering :)  Sorry if its in the wrong place. 

46470833845_5b8eeed591_o.jpg

Some BRDM-1's all in a row.  Hungarian Nato markings cca 2001'

47333116312_def24ab210_o.jpg

And from the front

47333116432_4acab29d7f_h.jpg

Playing around on some T52's put out to pasture.  These were used as targets in live fire training exercises. maybe some good examples of natural "weathering" :) A much younger me.

46470833695_aa65346e03_b.jpg

Same thing, Front and center

Last one for here. 

33509963428_7f9ae02899_o.jpg

BTR-80, I thought I had more pictures of this seeing as this was in our unit, the private posing with his M64B  :) (not me) to the left of the frame just visible a GAZ-66 with communications cab on the back, a few hundered kilos of radios.

Actually these are BRDM-2 w/o the turret (probably rcket launcher version instead) and the tank is T-54B or T-55A, not T-52 (that never existed in the Hungarian Defense Forces). Last photo with BTR-80 is correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4otByrUW_s

Cheers,

Tamás

agriamodeling

Edited by Agriamodeling
Typoes here and there

Actually these are BRDM 2 with the turret covered, the Konkurs A/T vehicles can be seen behind as evident by the front right hatch mounted sight, the Tanks are A T 55A and a modernised T 55 as seen by the two different loaders hatch, the T 55 never got the B the last vehicle is a BTR 60PU command post version.

• 2 months later...

Combat Robots system "Kungas".

“Kungas” includes 5 robots:

- a wearable robot, - a light robot,

- a transportable robot,

- a "Nerekhta" combat robot,

- a robotic version of the BTR-MDM  shell troop carrier:

1573377959_1573377944.jpg

2792154_800.jpg

B.R.

Serge

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like the 2C38 Kurganets derivative with the 57mm AA turret.  Nasty.  And unpleasant in the ground role too.  In Magman's  May 26 post.  Is 2C38 self-contained or does it rely on a fire-control or sensor vehicle?

T-15 is indeed huge.  With the cheaper smaller Kurganets having been adopted, will we perhaps see the T-15 adopting the 57mm weapon as the service configuration rather than the same 30mm as Kurganets?  Which seems a little under-gunned.  30mm is becoming discredited as an IFV weapon calibre with increasing protection.