Russian modern armour Images

magman2

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

T-80BVM Lite:

0e_nAL4MK2U.jpg

UgMmhlHhLQg.jpg

Hmm, the female tank crew ..... we also have this formed:

https://www.google.com.ua/search?q=женский+танковый+экипаж+днр&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRyayJxLLdAhXL3SwKHWgOD94Q_AUIEygD&biw=360&bih=560&dpr=2

but as far as I know in the battles, he did not participate.

In general, on the Russian Internet, I found myself in an article in two parts of an Israeli blogger, where he cites various studies (including medical*) of the Israeli Ministry of Defense that at least Israeli women  are not suitable for mass service in tanks. The preparation of individual crews is possible but no more.

Yes there in the article there were reservations for Scandinavian and African women, because their many physiological parameters are close to the parameters of men.

Therefore, I am skeptical about such pictures, because I consider them to be advertising**.

B.R.

Serge

* - there have been studies on many parameters, including a greater number of injuries due to lower bone density than in men, the inability to carry weights on a par with men, etc.

**- Okay, in Russian tanks there is a loading machine there is no need to put shells into a gun, but after all these shells still have to be loaded into a tank! To do this, they must be dragged there! And what is the repair of the tank traction in the field? For this, a sledgehammer is needed for 15 kilograms. I worked such a sledgehammer when I was young B) .... with unaccustomed hands and abdominal muscles ached for 3 days, :):)

then I got used to it. My weight was then about 85 kilograms ..... the average normal woman weighs in the range of 55-60 kilograms ... the average woman is a tank driver and a 15 kilogram sledgehammer is 1/4 of her weight ....tank traction - seriously?

Edited by Aardvark

43 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

In general, on the Russian Internet, I found myself in an article in two parts of an Israeli blogger, where he cites various studies (including medical*) of the Israeli Ministry of Defense that at least Israeli women  are not suitable for mass service in tanks. The preparation of individual crews is possible but no more.

Here is the article of an Israeli blogger:

(part 1)

https://david-2.livejournal.com/451423.html

(part 2)

https://david-2.livejournal.com/451797.html

B.R.

Serge

2 hours ago, Old pro said:

Is the thermal sleeve offset, or just not fitted? Looks like the front part is in the second photo, but hard to make out.

It looks to be offset to the right (from the crew perspective) which fits with most more recent photos of T-72 / 80 / 90.

11 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Are the sleeve details available as an etch set in 1/72.....Modelcollect's turned barrels are kind of pointless without something like that and I've not noticed such a part on the kit frets.

There is the OKB 125mm gun and etch set, originally for their T 64 kit, if it's the same one, it's very short in length so the etch set couldn't be used for other guns, the straps possibly but not the sleeve. 

I did do a comparison of all available 2A46 guns on ML in photo bucket days so the pictures not there anymore but the comments are still relevant😀

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2018 at 3:07 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The trusty T-72 is getting some more attention:

4360007_original.jpg

What is the vehicle under the T-72 gun barrel in this photo?  Looks like an observation cupola on a BMD chassis.

I am surprised that Russia continues with the T-80 series.  Isn't it now a Ukrainian product?  They're not exactly on good terms.  Or was it also built in Russia?

T15 is heavily armoured and apparently now heavily armed, yet Western countries still believe that 30mm weapons are adequate for MICVs and recce vehicles.  This was exactly the sort of predicted growth that prompted UK to ditch the previously-selected 30mm Mk44 for Warrior 10 years ago and go for the novel 40mm CTWS on both Warrior and Ajax and why the original armament concept for Puma was a new 35mm with a 50mm upgrade path - rejected in favour of a cheaper 30mm.

The autoloader is a potential weakness on T-72/80/84/90 should it fail.  Reloading the carousel is time-consuming and must be done out of contact, and the delay between shots while the carousel indexes the next available correct round type could be the difference between survival or not.  22+22 rounds is not the best ammunition load.

I don't see the Russian army introducing women just for gender-equal advertising, as suggested earlier: it doesn't seem that sort of culture.  Although Russia was among the first armies to allow women in forward-deployed roles.  But they're not short of male manpower either.  But, as also noted above, tanks are not the easy option: there's a lot of hard heavy work involved in fighting and maintaining a tank.  If we believe that Russia has introduced a weakness - and I'm not for one second getting involved in the "weaker sex" debate - I don't imagine there will be complaints from adversaries.

I don't think modern tank variants are any more complex than factory-spotting variants of WW2 AFVs.  You try working out Sherman or Stug III factory variations from period photos!  Of course they're technically more complex: what isn't 75 years later?  Yet still - generally - far more reliable and infinitely more effective.  There's a reason that T-72 has been legitimately exported to over 40 countries, and it isn't just because the former Soviet Union gave them away free with cornflakes.

The vehicle is a BMD 4M, the turret is traversed slightly to the right, so you're looking at the rear of the turret. The T 80 was always Russian, being designed in Leningrad, the Ukranians built it as the T 80UD which continues today as the T 84. The small ammo load is a trade off for the smaller and lighter tanks of the then Soviet Union, US anaylyststs noted that the auto loaders mounted on Iraqi T 72s as being reasonable in speed and operation, the T 64 and T 80 use a different auto loader so can not comment.

the idea behind the Warrior upgrade was more due to the slow rate of fire and awkward loading of the Rarden and small choice of ammo types than anything else, the decision to go with the 40mm telescopic ammo was for the wider variety of munition choice being developed.

women in tank was always a dream or fantasy, at least in my day 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

Assault barrier-barrage vehicle "ABAIM-ABANAT"* on the basis of a special vehicle "Tiger". The assault ladder deployed by this car ensures the lifting of up to 10 equipped special-force group soldiers to the height of the windows of the building located on the 3rd floor:

FLw6nMJHS_6dNbyA16GNcHOpo0hJfrwYWPaLrmG9

B.R.

Serge

* - Russian system of artificial intelligence inventing names for weapons, it seems in this case showed a rather specific sense of humor. 😲

Unfortunately, it will be difficult for me to explain the humor of this name without violating the rules of the forum on the part of the ban on the use of obscene expressions.🤗

Some hints are contained here:

https://shusharmor.livejournal.com/231027.html

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MZKT-69221 with the index "032" - 

base for the transport vehicle of the new complex of long-range interception of anti-missile and anti-space defense of Russia:

96537_original.jpg

Someone's from designer's big fan Aliens!!! 😁

Also planned used as base for new generation AAM Buk & Tor.

3d-Model 14TS033 "Nudol"

new complex of long-range interception of anti-missile and anti-space defense of Russia:

95482_original.jpg

Resource:

https://stanislav-05.livejournal.com/1021833.html

https://e-maksimov.livejournal.com/85010.html

B.R

Serge

• 1 month later...