Russian modern armour Images

magman2

Was going to post on this subject too.....According to various posts on the Gur Khan site there appear to be two different T-80BV upgrade programmes, as illustrated by @magman2 above.

It now seems that the T-80UE-1 (which is already an upgraded T-80BV, with a T-80U turret) will receive an upgrade too (although I don't think there were terribly many of them to start with).

The vehicle in the first picture is already significantly upgraded from a stock T-80BV:

T-80_1.jpg

Here's an unusual one for your consideration:

5w2hbq3.jpg

I'm of the opinion that this is a picture of the elusive T-80UA.....Others differ.

What do you guys think?  :hmmm:

There was a minor upgrade to some T-80BV a few years back, where they received upgraded wading equipment as per that on the T-80U. The 2 more recent and more comprehensive upgrades are similar to each other but are for different contracts. The first that was displayed, the T-80BVM is the one with the full Relikt package and was displayed a while back. The other has the same electronic upgrades, such as the Sosna-U, but with only the partial Relikt armour package. These were displayed in the Murmansk parade a few months back and as they are due for Marine brigades with apparently stricter weight restrictions. Because of this it is suggested that it explains the lack of the heavy Relikt side panels on the hull and the chunky modules on the turret sides. It also lacks the Reshetka slat armour. I don't think the official designation of this configuration is yet published, it may also be just T-80BVM, but might be something else. Along with the Murmansk display, they were put through their paces at Golovenki. A few nice photos can be seen here: https://tvzvezda.ru/news/photo_gallery/content/201806011144-25r8.htm/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

5w2hbq3.jpg

I'm of the opinion that this is a picture of the elusive T-80UA.....Others differ.

What do you guys think?  :hmmm:

It's hard to say from that photo alone, but I'd say T-80UK - the UA seems to always have a plate on the underside of the ERA block, just to the left of the main gun whereas the UK doesn't.

• Like 1

But where did the other smoke dischargers go.....I can only see four per side?  :shrug:

I can understand why you would add Shtora & Plissa to a T-80U.....To make a T-80UA.

But why would you pull two smoke dischargers off a T-80UK.....What would that make other than a wiring nightmare? 

EDIT - Scratch that, just got my modelling glasses and looked at it again.....I can see at least five dischargers per side now.  :nerd:  Which is slightly embarrassing.  :oops:

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

EDIT - Scratch that, just got my modelling glasses and looked at it again.....I can see at least five dischargers per side now.  :nerd:  Which is slightly embarrassing.  :oops:

In fact I can just about see all 6 on the left side of the image ;) The innermost one points slightly higher than the others and you can just see it poking out behind the top of the Shtora unit.

ktvJpcu.jpg

I have something more conclusive which I'll have to post when I get back from work later this afternoon!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

But where did the other smoke dischargers go.....I can only see four per side?  :shrug:

I can understand why you would add Shtora & Plissa to a T-80U.....To make a T-80UA.

But why would you pull two smoke dischargers off a T-80UK.....What would that make other than a wiring nightmare? 

What we need is a better angle for definitive proof 🤔 

UtbflPz.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The trusty T-72 is getting some more attention:

http://gurkhan.blogspot.com/2018/07/72_26.html#more

It looks like this is just the version shown originally in 2016 based on the description (upgraded engine, additional armour etc) i.e. "T-72B3 with additional protection". Strange they refer to the 'T-72M'. Gurkhan mentions at the end that it's an amateurish article but he wanted to share it anyway!

11 hours ago, alexclark said:

It looks like this is just the version shown originally in 2016 based on the description (upgraded engine, additional armour etc) i.e. "T-72B3 with additional protection". Strange they refer to the 'T-72M'.

I was wondering if they might be including the optics from the biathlon T-72B3M.....Google translate isn't terribly helpful sometimes?  :unsure:

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I was wondering if they might be including the optics from the biathlon T-72B3M.....Google translate isn't terribly helpful sometimes?  :unsure:

The article is a bit woolly. There's no mention of the special builds used in the Biathlons becoming production ready, but I guess we'll have to wait and see!

• 3 weeks later...

In this topic so many images & video exterior Russian modern tank but so little photo & video inside....now we know what Shakespearean passions there sometimes occur ....almost as "Romeo  & Juliet "!

:)

"The tank officer was tired of listening to his wife's questions about "what he was doing at work" ... and he took his wife to work

1706004_900.jpg

in a tank...."

Translate dialogs from Russian:

- Look at my! ....Loaded! ....Fire!!! ....Loaded!

- I will not more!

- Kitten look at me!

- Leave me no more!

- Loaded!

- No!!!

- Look at my!

...Loaded!!!

- No!!!

- Push it!!! ....Darling, Push it!!!

- I feel bad!! NO!!

:)  

B.R.