1/700 HMS Hermes 1982 OrangeHobby Resin+P.E.

Looking Great Chris, the sea looks fine to me, looks like the Camera has toned them down somewhat.

Happy Modeling

John

Edited by kidcurrie42

I use spray cans from Humbrol , Halfords and other makes, the smaller items hand painted.

Looking Great Chris, the sea looks fine to me, looks like the Camera has toned them down somewhat.

Happy Modeling

John

Should use my camera and not my phone

• Like 1

To be honest, it was a very straight forward build,no real problems,going to take all the comment on the sea and make some adjustments. :work:

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy with the Airgroup and lost one of the pods for one of the Seakings opps,it will show up,so had to order more,BFM came to the rescue,also found Wessex's done by L'Arsenal very smart,got them also.I was not happy with the sea diorama so ripped it up and started again,I felt the sea was overpowering the ships.

20140611_203040_zps02f77456.jpg

20140611_203100_zpsd73213d2.jpg

The sea its not finished,still needs varnish,but I,m happier with it :tooth:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I thought OH provided roundels for the aircraft? With all squadron markings and various stencils painted out on aircraft during the Falklands Conflict, the roundels were the main marking with a few 'serial numbers' present?

Edited by Whitewolf

Which display case did you use? I've heard of Trumpeter display cases but never actually seen one. Can you recommend a size and supplier? I'm currently working on the OH HMS Ocean and intend to do her in company with their Type 22 Batch 3 HMS Cumberland off Libya.

Hi

The display box comes from a set,they are very well priced.I buy them from my local model shop,can be bought of e....y,and have bought from Creativemodels as well. They are sold under the Trumpeter ,same boxes.

http://www.creativemodels.co.uk/display_cases-c-188.html?oscsid=bbf9ca81922771110815c13ffa345fef

This is my Ocean with a type 45

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/dio/hms/OceanDragon-700-ch/index.htm

This is the one for Hermes same box for HMS Ocean.

20160824_171943_zpskx3fenio.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for that, the case seems ideal! I was going to upgrade the Ocean to her current configuration and do her with a Type 45. But I recently discovered the OH HMS Campletown can be built as the Cumberland and as the Ocean is depicted in the kit as she appeared off Libya which was also the last hurrah for Cumberland I decided instead to do them together.

• Like 1