1/700 HMS Hermes 1982 OrangeHobby Resin+P.E.

What can I say about this ship,that is not know already,served with the Royal Navy from 1959 to 1984 and still in service with the India Navy as INS Viraat. Another great kit from Orange hobby,I would have to really nitpick ,this kit is so good,so far only need to add some railings to the walkways around the funnel and clean the resin !!!, all the paint fell off the bridge opps.It comes with a excellent P.E. set with instructions that could be clearer,but there plenty of photos on the net of the ship, built by OH to check,oh good decals for the ship,but nothing for the aircraft,you only get 2 SeaHarriers and 2 Seakings but you can buy extras ones from OB and they come with a tug and tow bar included and HMS Victorious 1966 is about to be released and they are working on HMS Eagle 1968 and yes they are going to look at HMS Ark Royal 1978,At Last

H-1A_zpsf2269769.jpg

H-3_zps636ba7bd.jpg

H-2_zps80d92fea.jpg

H-4_zps48bc07c2.jpg

H-5_zps5a78ad06.jpg

H-9_zps2236ca02.jpg

• Like 5

I'm glad to see someone doing a documented build of this kit, I will probably end up doing one along with all my other falklands era builds. I hope it goes well for you, the kit looks super.

Rich

This is my second kit from OH and it's very enjoyable kit to make; the plans are very clear and easy to follow.more photos later today

I really think OH make amazing kits - I have the Type 22 and the Hermes. IMHO they are far and away the best ship models. Certainly a lot better than the WEM Type 22 and Type 23 as to be honest I was really quite disappointed with the quality of the resin casting.

I will be lining up to buy Victorious, Eagle, Ark Royal and Hermes in her earlier fit.

Very nice, I've got OH'S Juan Carlos to convert to Australia's new LHD , its a nice kit looks like Hermes comes with alot more bits and bobs though. Should keep you busy for a while. The Island is looking pretty full on. Great job, looking forward to seeing more

Cheers ]

Callum

• Like 1

Very nice, I've got OH'S Juan Carlos to convert to Australia's new LHD , its a nice kit looks like Hermes comes with alot more bits and bobs though. Should keep you busy for a while. The Island is looking pretty full on. Great job, looking forward to seeing moreCheers ]Callum

That's a good idea.Is there much difference between the Spanish and Australian version

Hi More photos Bit add to the bridge work and most of the decals on the flight deck,still got the dark area to go around the bridge, try every idea to measure the correct space and realise the only way I could do it correctly would to put all the decals down vanish them, then mask and paint the require area.

H-15_zpsda799575.jpg

H-17_zpsb85d753f.jpg

H-16_zps916285dc.jpg

That,s all the decals apart from the lifts,I must apologize to OH there is decals for the planes,just they were that small I didn't spot them until today when doing the flight deck

• Like 2

That's a good idea.Is there much difference between the Spanish and Australian version

There is not that much diference between the 2, the aussie version has different radar/sensor fit and slightly different masts and a new style of CIWS which is going to be the hard part to make. And I don't get to use the Harriers either .

Hermes is looking gorgeous though, great work so far, you are really kicking along with her.

Keep it up :)

Cheers Callum

• Like 1

It would be good if someone would do an upgrade set. Big Boy Blue also do the Spanish F-100 Ageis frigates which the new Aussie Airwarfare 'destroyers' are based on and they have the same mods pretty much as the LHDS so a aftermarket company could mostly cover both ships with one set, with new masts for each ship. Supose it depends on whether there would be a market.

I'd be a bit bummed if OH release the Aussie version having already bought the Spnish version though

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning Chris. I don't know how you work in 1/700, I find it bad enough in 1/350 but you certainly seem to have it weighed off.