Detail & Scale go Digital

Julien

Just looking on Detail & Scale's home page and starting with their lastest book the FH3 Demon they are issuing it in a Digital format.

This will be available in the Kindle and iBook formats.

http://www.detailandscale.com./

Looks like $9.07 in US or £5.99 here.

http://www.amazon.com/F3H-Demon-Detail-Scale-Digital-ebook/dp/B00HSDKKYI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1397069967&sr=1-1&keywords=detail+%26+Scale

This could get expensive!

Julien

I hope this does not mean that all future publications will be digital. A bad move in my view. Not everybody has a kindle or wants to read ibooks!!

Allan

What I think they are doing is re-releasing publications in the digital format which I think is a good thing. Pretty sure they wont move away from traditional publishing.

Consider these advantages (and there are many more):

1.More than twice the number of detail photographs can be included, and all photos that were originally in color can now be included in color.

2.There is no limit on the number of pages, so a large section will be added to each book illustrating the paint schemes and markings used on the aircraft. It will be like getting a Detail & Scale Series book and a Color & Markings Series book all rolled into one!

3.Much more information about the developmental and operational history of the aircraft can be included along with supporting photographs and artwork.

4.Far more artwork in the form a four-view color illustration and dozens of pieces of profile art, all done specifically for that Detail & Scale Series digital publication will be included.

5.The photos can be "tapped" to enlarge to full screen size to see them in their greatest possible detail.

6.The price will be much less than for a printed copy of a Detail & Scale Series book with all of its limitations on space and use of color.

More info here: http://www.detailandscale.com./detail&scale_digital_books.html

Julien

Why is it more here? It may be only 30p but why do we have to pay more?

I hope this does not mean that all future publications will be digital. A bad move in my view. Not everybody has a kindle or wants to read ibooks!!

Allan

I'm with you there Allan. I recently downlaoded an issue of The Artist, then promptly went out and purchased the paper copy. It just isn't the same.

Colin

Thanks Julien. Even if they're from outside UK?

Not sure on that. I dont think amazon US will let you download from their site if you are in the UK.

Not sure about the istore never used it.

Julien

• 3 months later...