Jet Ranger conversion from OH-58A

Just finished this conversion from the Italeri OH-58A Kiowa as the Helicharter Wales Jet Ranger I had a flight in about 5 or 6 years ago. Had to make the cabin window bigger, scratchbuild taller skids and the cabin seat, add aerials and make my own decals but the base kit is very nice and went together very easily.

Comments welcome.

DSCF5127.JPG

DSCF5128.JPG

DSCF5129.JPG

DSCF5130.JPG

DSCF5131.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Edit - spelling

• Like 7

Like it in that scheme. Great finish.

In my stash I've got a couple of these as well as the M&E conversion. I plan to do a few different versions: 2x USNTPS and a BEA. Until you actually see how big (or little) they are, you'll know why they're still in the stash.

The Jetranger has to be my favourite aircraft and you have done it proud. Looks like it is 48 scale not 72nd.

Well done I did a conversion form the matchbox oh58 some months ago but your is far superior, Well done

Rodders

Nice to see this one done, I've also had a flight in this Jet ranger.

The aircraft was based at Withybush airfield and was a regular sight around the area on pleasure flights.

Good job on the model, looks great

Shaun.

Thanks again for the kind comments

Like it in that scheme. Great finish.

In my stash I've got a couple of these as well as the M&E conversion. I plan to do a few different versions: 2x USNTPS and a BEA. Until you actually see how big (or little) they are, you'll know why they're still in the stash.

Is the M&E conversion intended for the Matchbox OH-58D? USNTPS and BEA would look very nice and yes it is very little!

The Jetranger has to be my favourite aircraft and you have done it proud. Looks like it is 48 scale not 72nd.

Well done I did a conversion form the matchbox oh58 some months ago but your is far superior, Well done

Rodders

Definitely 1/72 - only about 130mm long, it looks much bigger in the photos

Nice to see this one done, I've also had a flight in this Jet ranger.

The aircraft was based at Withybush airfield and was a regular sight around the area on pleasure flights.

Good job on the model, looks great

Shaun.

That's where I flew in it as a combined Charistmas/birthday present from my niece who lives in Little Haven

Steve