Airfix charging for parts

Frankly, I can't blame Airfix. Over the years, they've probably given away hundreds of thousands of freebies to people who never actually bought a particular kit, they just wanted the part for something else. Paying a modest fee for a replacement part when I've horlicksed up a kit seems entirely reasonable to me.

• Like 4

If it's a problem with the Kit, its free, but if you have broken/lost a part or you want spares for a conversion they charge about three quid for postage. They've been doing it for a couple of years. I think it was due to the actions of a few idiots who were ordering "spares" on a weekly basis trying to get all the parts for a particular kit instead of just buying the kit

• Like 1

On 2 occasions I had to deal with Airfix regarding spare parts, free of charges for both the left fuselage half of my 1/72 Valiant (short shot) and the decal sheet of my 1/48 Javelin (my 11kg blacky cat chewed part of it). Very helpful and friendly team, Airfix already was a nice company 15-20 years ago when it came to spare parts but they're even better now that Hornby took in charge. Great communication, great subjects, great kits.

Airfix are incredibly helpful but the minimum charge seems to be around £3 and I think the most I have paid was around £7. You are only paying the postage, the parts are free but it pays to make sure that you get everything in your e-mail because, in my experience, if you send a second e-mail then you'll probably get charged for that as well - don't expect them to connect the two! I thik Airfix are busier than we imagine but they are still one of the best (if not 'the' best) companies to get spares from!

Simon

It is not just Airfix, and it is possibly due to a non-faulty item. As has already been stated, Airfix and the other companies do supply replacement parts free for faulty goods.

I had a reason to contact Minicraft recently, because I had botched up a canopy and I requested a replacement. With shipping the part cost me 26 US dollars. It was my fault so I was prepared to pay for the part.

cheers

Mike

I never got charged on 2 or 3 occasions where 2 bits were missing and 1 damaged, which is in accordance with buying anything anywhere under sales of goods and services act. If you want a spare part for any other reason EG filling your "gash box" its fair to charge.

I laughed at the cat and decal mishap. Can you imagine the litter tray next day with the "stuff" with Sqn flashes and roundels?!!!