New Battlestar Galactica film?...

Oh I hope so, I loved the science of the reboot series but hated the plot lines, I much preferred the Cylons as an Alien Empire that encounters the Human Colonies rather than that history repeating itself time loop and being developed by humans. Plus the mirroring of US political social trends from the noughties really put me off,

Lets hope the movie gets back to basics, the only downer I see is where going to get yet another series of models to compare to the other 2 versions !

PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE! Get rid of that dreadful revamped & gender reassigned Starbuck before you even THINK about a film!!No disrespect to Katee Sackhoff - but I thought the new Starbuck was one of the worst aspects of the reboot! Her character simply irritated the hell out of me!! :nono::banned:

Allan

• Like 1

Not sure I'm happy about that... it depends whether all the main characters are 23 or not, I think. If they try to turn it into another franchise for the dewy eyed teenagers to drool over unfeasibly young protagonists with no thought about the storyline - Vampire DiarrhoeaDiaries, The Tomorrow People and their "powers", the Twilight Saga with the pathetic sparkly vampires :owww: I could go on. In fairness however, there will need to be a good proportion of younger characters due to the military usually being full of 'em, but their superiors are usually substantially older. I'm waffling... :tapedshut:

• Like 6

Also talk about giving Worf his own Star Trek series

Aka his adventures aftet DS9

Worf has always been my favourite character. If they get an interesting libretto written by a real author it could be a great movie! However, before that can happen - please shoot that idiot J.J. Abrams! The latest "Star Trek" is NOT real Star Trek... it's total rubbish. :(

• Like 2

I actually thought the last reboot of BSG was quite good. If Abrams wasn't doing Star Wars he probably be doing this.

Don't let him anywhere near BSG, He shouldn't be allowed near Star Wars!

• Like 3

Worf has always been my favourite character. If they get an interesting libretto written by a real author it could be a great movie! However, before that can happen - please shoot that idiot J.J. Abrams! The latest "Star Trek" is NOT real Star Trek... it's total rubbish. :(

:lol: I couldn't agree LESS!! He's been like a breath of fresh air to a franchise long gone stale and running out of ideas!I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the latest Star Trek. Personally, I thought it was his best so far. Just shows how different we can be!! BSG could do with an injection of J J Abrams I reckon. I think he's just the person to breathe life into the Star Wars saga as well.It badly needs it after the last rather lack lustre trilogy of films

Allan

• Like 2

Cannot add anything to the Galactica film compared to the first reboot as I sadly never saw this (so sorry if beeing a bit off-topic) but I have to agree that Star Wars third trilogy needs to be twice as good as the first to be just half as good as the second.

The problem with the Star Wars movies is (that excludes anything animated or in written form) that the "Star Wars Galaxy" is rather small - more a family story. Star Trek has the huge advantage that there are many different crews, lifeforms (which are not just strange looking but also behave in other ways) and timeframes, even alternate universes. In my view this easier allows different story telling ways without makeing me "huh?". The latest Star Trek is an alternate timeframe so it is almost completely independent from all previous Star-Trek movies and shows. Hope you understand what I mean.

Rene

I'm one of those folk as well who likes the ST Abrams reboot but its good to see somebody else get a share of the sci-fi pie to see what they can do with it. Its been a great couple of years for sci-fi films and long may it continue.

@caerbannog

That is not a fair comparison if you take out everything outside the films also you are a comparing a TV series to Film. The star wars universe is as big as you want it to be just like the star trek universe can be. Science fiction is limited by the imagination of the writer.

many different crews, lifeforms (which are not just strange looking but also behave in other ways) and timeframes, even alternate universes

Star wars doesn't have this? even the films have many lifeforms. (If you do look outwith the films).

That is not a fair comparison also you are a comparing a TV series to Films. I presume this is the reason it feels small to you. The star wars universe is as big as you want it to be just like the star trek universe can be. Science fiction is limited by the imagination of the writer.

Star wars doesn't have this?

Don't get me wrong - I am quite a fan of the old Star Wars trilogy. And even more than of Star Trek although I like this a lot too. And surely the Star Wars movies must be more limited compared to Star Trek as the latter one includes .... eh wait a minute I need to count - 12 cinema movies (double than Star Wars) plus five TV series. But I did not want to say that this makes Star Wars less good than Star Trek - at least I did not meant to do so.

And concerning the alien characters I just find them more defined in Star Treck, but maybe for the above reason.

Back to topic: BSG has two series as background this can be good and bad. Good as they do not need to explain a lot at the beginning of the movie and bad becase of the expectations based on the series. I for one will be happily going to the cinema to watch it. As I did with every Star Wars and Star Trek film :winkgrin:

Rene

Didn't see much of BSG reboot but I thought the new Starbucks was a great twist. But then the original irritated me....

Mind you I lurve Star Trek original series AND the reboot films. I think the new cast have balanced new and original characters very well. Kudos to the casting crew. Star Trek TNG was the start of a decline IMHO although Enterprise had it's moments.

One thing is certain; there is plenty of discussion mileage in sci-fi discussions :ike:

Hope they dont frack the Vipers up.

Total agreement here!! The thing I appreciated most about the BSG reboot was that a lot of the technology was familiar and believable!! No lasers,phasers,photon torpedoes or force fields!!. Phones with cables,tactical nukes & guns firing real live honest to god shells and bullets!!

Allan

But, this version of BSG might be even better than the last one. Which in the last series really lost it's direction.

Inclined to agree - much as I enjoyed it. I got the distinct impression they were trying desperately to pad it out a bit.Personally, I think that seasons 4 & 5 could probably have been combined into one season of 12-13 episodes? Just so long as they get rid of the awful rebooted Starbuck........................................!!!!

Allan

At the risk of being strung up by my thumbs again I found the original series Starbuck to be quite ikky!

In fact he was such a creep I'm sure he is the real reason the Cylons came to kick butt.

Kara Thraise is much more fun, awesome pilot (best in the fleet) can hold her fists up, wicked card player

and can tie one on with the best of them. I want to be just like her (or Aeryn Sunn) when I grow up.

The only thing I dont like about Kara is she got to play tonsil hockey with the very yummy Lee Adama and that is soooooooo

not fair!

• Like 3

At the risk of being strung up by my thumbs again I found the original series Starbuck to be quite ikky!

In fact he was such a creep I'm sure he is the real reason the Cylons came to kick butt.

Kara Thraise is much more fun, awesome pilot (best in the fleet) can hold her fists up, wicked card player

and can tie one on with the best of them. I want to be just like her (or Aeryn Sunn) when I grow up.

The only thing I dont like about Kara is she got to play tonsil hockey with the very yummy Lee Adama and that is soooooooo

not fair!

Lol! :lol:

Then I think we shall have to agree to differ on that!! I really hated the character. I found her more of an irritant than fun. Not much to like about her at all. I didn't like the original BSG anyway. Most, if not all of the characters were a bit icky & I could never imagine Lorne Green's Adama EVER beating anybody to death with a proverbial blunt instrument!!! He was just TOO nice.

On the other hand, (and getting back to the reboot!) I really liked Michelle Forbes portrayal of Admiral Cain.

A spectacularly nasty piece of work. I thing Forbes is a much better actress and I guess that's why I found her totally convincing. I just could not take Starbuck seriously

Allan

ps, why do so many Alien cyborg killing machines have to be so damned dishy???

Seven of Nine

No 6

Andromeda (although she wasn't really a cyborg killing machine!) :lol:

Edited by Albeback52

Forbes was a good casting choice for an interesting character; I'm glad we got to see more of her and what drives her in Razor.

My question over a re-reboot movie would be: is it going to be a stand-alone feature, or will it be essentially a big-screen pilot episode for a brand new series. Personally speaking I would have liked to see Caprica continue, as I felt it was really hitting its stride when it was cancelled, but I hold little hope of it being revived.

• Like 1

ffs why does it even NEED a reboot? How about producing something original that in its turn can become great?

Oh no that would require the creatively bankrupt Hollywood to actually come up with something new and original and I think that is against the law or something over there!

• Like 3