Hawker Harrier GR.1, Monogram, 1/48

Hello friends,

I have started my new project and it is old Harrier from Monogram kit.

I really like these early Harriers so after this one, the another waits for me in my closet (Airfix, 1/72). I started with brushng the positive lines, then I polished the surface and started to scribing the negative lines. I have the right half already and the left one will be in short time I hope.

I this kit are many problems waiting for me, but it does not matter - it´s only for enjoyment and filling my display case.

I hope you will enjoy this build and thank you for your comments and advices.

Regards,

Andrew S.
Czech Republic :bye:

HarrierStPancras.jpg

( http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/deMichu/HarrierStPancras.jpg )

IMG_7741.JPG

IMG_7751.JPG

IMG_7752.JPG

IMG_7753.JPG

IMG_7754.JPG

IMG_7755.JPG

IMG_7756.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you jer, this half was scribed in one afternoon. :)

Stevej60 - I have an original Monogram kit and it is also moulded on the wing, that it is Monogram, but it is possible that Fujimi had boxed their kit because of it´s high quality. ^_^

Hello,

today, I finished scribing on the fuselage. Then I polished it and started to cut small parts to make nozzles and air intakes. That will be my next work - prepare the intakes for fitting to fuselage. ^_^

IMG_7803.JPG

IMG_7804.JPG

IMG_7805.JPG

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7807.JPG

IMG_7808.JPG

IMG_7809.JPG

IMG_7810.JPG

IMG_7811.JPG

IMG_7812.JPG

Regards, :)

Andrew S.

• Like 2

A professional job with that scribing. I like the library photo at the top too - classic early Harrier. By the way you will enjoy building the 1/72 Airfix Harrier if it's the new tool. I am just beginning to paint mine, and like many posters on this forum have remarked, it is a really nice kit.

Tom

• Like 1

Thank you very much for watching, I am really happy with that. :)

A professional job with that scribing. I like the library photo at the top too - classic early Harrier. By the way you will enjoy building the 1/72 Airfix Harrier if it's the new tool. I am just beginning to paint mine, and like many posters on this forum have remarked, it is a really nice kit.

Tom

Thanks Tom! This project is also training for my Airfix Vulcan, which I plan to scribe too, but it is much bigger. :D Yes, I like the photo too, but to be honest - I like every british airplane. ^_^
Yes, I have the Airfix kit too and I am looking foward to building it with the PE aftermarkets and the airfield base.

I was forever searching for this kit as a Kid and still never found it. Looks like a GR1 alright. Will be watching with interest ;)

Thank you Rob. I am watching every your Vulcan build, because the Vulcan is one of my most favourite plane! :thumbsup:

I saw this kit in our czech bazaar/exchange for a low price, so I bought it. Until at home I realise, that is a nice kit so I started it almost immediately. :D

So, next step - air intakes and nozzels. Here are the photos:

IMG_9000.jpg

IMG_9001.jpg

Regards,

Andrew S. :)

• Like 2

Thank you Rob. I am watching every your Vulcan build, because the Vulcan is one of my most favourite plane! :thumbsup:

I saw this kit in our czech bazaar/exchange for a low price, so I bought it. Until at home I realise, that is a nice kit so I started it almost immediately. :D

Regards,

Andrew S. :)

Ah that's cool mate. Which one I have a few on the go in WIP at the mo. Mainly the duo nearing completion and the newly started B1 mod.

The harrier is one of my faves too particularly the GR1. Got plenty of Harriers on the stash. 2nd to Vulcans I seem to build Harriers the most. I just picked up the Fujimi 1/72 GR1 for a few pounds then the new Airfix one come out. But still looks a nice kit. Looks similar to this one.

Are you going for B type or D type roundes ?

Cheers Rob ;)

Ah that's cool mate. Which one I have a few on the go in WIP at the mo. Mainly the duo nearing completion and the newly started B1 mod.

The harrier is one of my faves too particularly the GR1. Got plenty of Harriers on the stash. 2nd to Vulcans I seem to build Harriers the most. I just picked up the Fujimi 1/72 GR1 for a few pounds then the new Airfix one come out. But still looks a nice kit. Looks similar to this one.

Are you going for B type or D type roundes ?

Cheers Rob ;)

I don´t know it yet, because I haven´t chosen any marking so far. But every british marking is nice so I will choose roundels after the painting camuflage. :hmmm:

And I hope, that Airfix will continue with releasing the british cold war planes, because there are not many kits in new Airfix quality, which I very like. :worthy: (And also Vulcan would be released again!!! :D )

Excellent progress Andrew. Enjoying the surgery.

Tom.

Thank you very much Tom! This is not that kind of surgery where I can make many details like in my Valiant build. ;) This build is mainly for showing the nice curves and shape of early Harrier, so it will have closed canopy and another things. :)

Next progress on intakes - Polyester Putty with Evergreen applied. ^_^

IMG_7827.JPG

IMG_7828.JPG

IMG_7829.JPG

IMG_7830.JPG

IMG_7831.JPG

IMG_7832.JPG

Kind regards,

Andrew S.

• Like 3

Nice work on the intakes. Also yes I hope Airfix continue with British cold war releases to. I hope we see a Vulcan BMK1 and Victor BMK1 to go with the excellent Valiant BMK1.

But it would also be good to see some Airliners and Transports too. Beverly, Argosy, Belfast, Comet 4, VC-10, Viscount, Herald, Varsity, Hastings,

Be nice to see those with the others they have out. The one they really should do Is a 1/72 Canberra B2 that is a hole that really needs filling.

;)

Cheers Rob ;)

Thanks DIO!

Nice work on the intakes. Also yes I hope Airfix continue with British cold war releases to. I hope we see a Vulcan BMK1 and Victor BMK1 to go with the excellent Valiant BMK1.

But it would also be good to see some Airliners and Transports too. Beverly, Argosy, Belfast, Comet 4, VC-10, Viscount, Herald, Varsity, Hastings,

Be nice to see those with the others they have out. The one they really should do Is a 1/72 Canberra B2 that is a hole that really needs filling.

;)

Cheers Rob ;)

You are absolutely right. I hope that in future that time will come... :bounce:

Hello friends,

today I worked all afternoon on the Harrier intakes and mainly on nozzels. Intakes are fitted to fuselage and prepared for putty. :)

IMG_7877.JPG

IMG_9004.jpg

The second part was making a plugs in the holes around the nozzels. I am not going to make a brand new engine, so I have to hide this holes with plastic sheets. I made them only with my (un)proffesional opinion how could they look like (I have no photos with this part of Harrier) :D . I hope, that it wouldn´t be problem, but If would, I am sorry to experts. ;)

So there are some photos:

IMG_9003.jpg

IMG_7882.JPG

IMG_7883.JPG

IMG_7884.JPG

IMG_7885.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

IMG_7887.JPG

IMG_7888.JPG

IMG_7889.JPG

And here are together: :coolio:

IMG_9002.jpg

IMG_7898.JPG

So, that was my today´s work and now I am going to progress with inside of intakes and cockpit. I hope you will enjoy it.
Thanks for watching. :thumbsup:

IMG_7900.JPG

Regards,

Andrew S.

• Like 2

Thanks Simon! :coolio:

Today morning I applied putty on the intakes (it is Tamiya Polyester Putty) and started working on the front wheel bay. It was not fitting properly, so I had to add some evergreen plastic sheets. And I also made a basis of the bottom in the bay. :)

IMG_9005.jpg

IMG_9006.jpg

Cheers, ^_^

Andrew S.

• Like 1