'FIN'-ished fins

here are the first 6 of my fins completed:

IMG_5052_zps90eb8e48.jpg

Left to right: 56 Sqdn F.1A, 'Firebirds', 74'Tigers' Sqdn F1 and F.2 of 19 Sqdn.

IMG_5053_zps52a7eea5.jpg

L to R; F6 of 11 Sqdn, F3 of 29 Sqdn and F3 of 111 Sqdn.

IMG_5054_zpsbc9a2b0c.jpg

And all together..... for now!

23 and 92 are represneted in complet models and I've shown thos here in the past but depending on me getting more square top fins for this project, I may do them But I still need and would very much like F3/F6 fins for No.5 Sqdn as well as decals for this last one with the red '5' and maple badge enclosed. Plus a couple other square tops to possibly represent the 'green' camo F2A.

See my appeal in the Wanted column!!!

Cheers!

• Like 8

That is cool I like your idea. It reminds me of a chap I saw at an airshow in the early 90s. He would take any kit he had and cut them in half mounting half the plane on a board and give it a history tag. That way he got 2 models from one kit. a bit like side on art works of aircraft. Pretty cool.

Cheers Rob ;)

What a lovely idea! I presume it is scale 1/48?

Yes.

And thanks for comments all. Please bear in mind my needs for around 6 more F3 / F6 square top fins in order for me to complet my plans. PM me if you can help.

I might do the flip side for the 11squadron one in the green/grey camo but stilll as 11Sqn. I don't plan to do the all grey schemes as they never appealed.