F-104 G Danish 1/72 Hasegawa

Very nice. Good weathering and colour. I love the 104 and the RDAF is one of my favourite air forces. I remember seeing these just like this and in the later high gloss green.

wow , thats quite awesome result ! :hypnotised:

Thank You. It was good choice for my paint preferences ,-))

Very nice. Good weathering and colour. I love the 104 and the RDAF is one of my favourite air forces. I remember seeing these just like this and in the later high gloss green.

It's my first Danish model, bat not the last. This weathered aircraft are very inspiring for me. I'm thinking about F-100 and Drakken ,-))

Very impressive, especially the weathering :)

You've absolutely nailed that Danish weathered look, love it.

Duncan B

You are too kind ,-))

You've done two exceptional looking 104's. One's Italeri in Luftwaffe markings and this one's Hase. Any preference between the two ?

Stu

Hasegawa has better landing gear and gear bay, and more rivets. But Italerii is good enought. I thinking about doing third F-104, and I have no idea, which one is better ,-))

So how come the Danes never thought of repainting this bird? Or let the paint degrade up to this point? Ans: To let Spiton build this amazingly weathered starfighter! Congrats!

Tipper

,-)))))))

So how come the Danes never thought of repainting this bird? Or let the paint degrade up to this point? Ans: To let Spiton build this amazingly weathered starfighter! Congrats!

Tipper

They were repainted. In reality the paint wasn't much worse than what is seen on USN aircraft aboard carriers. Some fading and several touch-ups. The matt colours were replaced by gloss colours, making the paint scheme more durable. Many models of Danish aircraft are overdone if you ask me.

Jens

Edited by Jens
  • Like 1

Stunning finish,really captures the "grubby" look these Danish aircraft took on.

T

They were repainted. In reality the paint wasn't much worse than what is seen on USN aircraft aboard carriers. Some fading and several touch-ups. The matt colours were replaced by gloss colours, making the paint scheme more durable. Many models of Danish aircraft are overdone if you ask me.

Jens

I saw a lot of photos Danish jets (F-100, Drakkens, Starfighters). And some of these looks normal. but for me the interesting were those weathered ,-))

Great lookingh model! What paint (weathering) methoed did you used? Exellent choice of the prototype!

Oils paints.

I'm not sure what about this propotype ?

Certainly the Gloss F-104's were always tidy from what I saw.

Sounds ugly ,-))

Awesome job

Thank You

She is green, she is dirty, she is dreadful. :)

Just amazing work!

,-))

Stunning model, thought the first few photos where of the real aircraft, congratulations and well done

First

Lovely work, looks spot on!

Thank You

I really thought this was a real aircraft- you sir are an artist!!!

Thank You, thank you, thank you ,-))

nicely done love the weathering

Glenn

Thank U2

Edited by spiton