Aero L-29 Delfín (1:48 AMK) - Finished

It seems like an age since I last completed anything, and after receiving the first batch of review kits from new(ish) company AMK - Avantgarde Model Kits, I thought I'd give one of their latest offerings a trip round the block after kicking the tyres in the review here. The build was pleasant and uneventful, with some very nice fit and detail to be had straight out of the box. Apart from the nose wheel attachment being a little weak and feeble, all of the minor problems i had were self-induced, and I thoroughly enjoyed the build.

Painting was done mostly with Gunze Sangyo paints, and as I was left with splinters from scratching my head over the East German scheme I'd chosen, I opted for H302 and H406 over H418 in the end, with a random yellow doing the job for the nose and wing accents. The decals went on well, although the carrier film wasn't the thinnest, so if you're using the kit decals, remember to overcoat them with some gloss clear varnish and sand back where you can in order to minimise or hide the edge of the film.

Enough waffle... pictures!

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

complete7.jpg

complete8.jpg

complete9.jpg

complete10.jpg

The build thread can be found here if you're interested. What's next? If I told you, I'd have to kill you :ninja:

• Like 36

Great to see a top quality model of something a little different. And that is VERY different!

Superb work Mike!