1/72 Italeri/Zvezda - Petlyakov Pe-2

Mt first post on Britmodeller, but I'm quite proud of this one and it's a bit of a step up for me!

A nice fitting kit, with raised panel lines and not exactly bursting with detail, so it's been rescribed, and then I've had a first try with a rivetting tool (the Rivet-R mini, highly recommended!).

Thanks for looking, and hope you like!

13642814073_69d812f3fc_b.jpg

13642782905_8dc3d1577e_b.jpg

13643119194_43a5c94e78_b.jpg

13643129584_9eea7b837c_b.jpg

13642825213_352eed7760_b.jpg

13642809085_4f07731c6d_b.jpg

13642812235_ef911089a2_b.jpg

13642828653_8fd5ec2612_b.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brilliant build! I have one that I just need to finish painting. It is a rather simple little kit, but it goes together well and it is accurate. It does look sharp in the three-colour scheme - you did a good job on the colours!

Regards,

Jason

That Pe-2 looks great - thanks for posting it for us to see!

Also neat to see an aircraft so important to the war effort, but seldom modeled (in the West at least).

Not that you'd know from Western sources (and manufacturers), but over 11,000 Peshkas were produced.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Very nice first post of a very interesting WW2 Russian aircraft. Don't see many of those built & very nicely built too!

Also another good reason to convert from using a hairy stick. A well sprayed model indeed!

Like it a lot!

Martin

• Like 1

Mt first post on Britmodeller, but I'm quite proud of this one and it's a bit of a step up for me!

A nice fitting kit, with raised panel lines and not exactly bursting with detail, so it's been rescribed, and then I've had a first try with a rivetting tool (the Rivet-R mini, highly recommended!).

Thanks for looking, and hope you like!Very nice model from an older but accurate well worth the effort kit!

Very nice result from an older but accurate kit. Well worth the trouble!

Was this "01" the plane used by lt-col Rakov to led the formation to sink the German AA-boat Niobe at Kotka 16th July 1944? http://rafiger.de/Homepage/Artgallery/Historic02.htm

Cheers!

AaCee

• Like 1

Very nice result from an older but accurate kit. Well worth the trouble!

Was this "01" the plane used by lt-col Rakov to led the formation to sink the German AA-boat Niobe at Kotka 16th July 1944? http://rafiger.de/Homepage/Artgallery/Historic02.htm

Cheers!

AaCee

I can't actually remember - I built this about a year ago and the historical info with the instructions went out with the box at the time... but I'll certainly look into it. I seem to remember that it had a choice of decal and paint options - I just chose the one I thought most appealing at the time - it made a change from plain old VVS green!

Lovely kit. Your rescribing and riveting is perfect, you must be a very patient man. Plain old VVS greeen that certainly isnt.

Great job, your extra work was rewarded with a perfect looking Pe ! Well done.

Thank you both. I've grown to appreciate the art of the rescribe and love those in the model cabinet that took the extra effort just that little bit more!

Edited by albertrand71
  • Like 1