This is a collection of all the small scale models myself and David (the husband) have built so far. These were all pretty hard to photograph being so small so i hope you don't mind my less than perfect photography skills (plus I should have dusted a couple first!)

Lets begin with the Eduard spitfire, made by David. It was painted using alcad and tamiya acrylics. This model goes together like a dream and wing of this aircraft is phenomenally thin!

IMG_8619.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

IMG_8620.jpg

IMG_8621.jpg

Next up is the Stuka. This is the older eduard boxing with the snake (I presume the one coming out soon is the same kit just with different decals). This was also a great fit, although the photoetch and the flaps on the wings were fiddly and required a little bit of an extra file to make sure that they were staying put. The splotches on the undercarriage legs are done freehand.

IMG_8625.jpg

IMG_8623.jpg

IMG_8626.jpg

More to come....

• Like 8

I forgot to mention the thin wire is one of my hairs, and I made that one.

Next up we have one of my models again the revell starfighter (spot the glaring error!). This was my first 1/144 scale model that I built, it was another one of those excellent fits, apart from the fuel tanks which don't like to stay put.

IMG_8627.jpg

Right, next we have another of David's models a Sweet kits model of the Wildcat. Again this was great to build with no need of any filler or fettling.

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_8615.jpg

Next in line is my 1/200 scale flying flea, it's made by Helmet Models, I picked this up a few years ago at Cosford model show. It really is absolutely tiny!

IMG_8636.jpg

• Like 6

Next I think i'll throw in a non-aircraft model, the trumpeter LCAC in 1/144 scale made by me. The vinyl skirt was an absolute pain.

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_8592.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

Next i'll display the A-model Canberra in 144, This was built by David and was quite a tough one, it needed a lot of work and filler to get it together so it's not a quick build like the rest. David did a great job on this one and it's one of my favorites.

IMG_8594.jpg

IMG_8598.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

Next up, another one of David's the Ju52 from eduard. He decided not to use the snake decal, because of the ribbing so he made up a mask instead and sprayed it on.

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8599.jpg

more on it's way.....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Next up, one of David's models, the Sweet kits Hurricane, again a pleasure to build.

IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8608.jpg

Now to some even smaller models, again built by David, a 1/350 scale hellcat and helldiver. these were really fiddly because of their size.

IMG_8633.jpg

Next to last we have my eduard Me 262. this went together nice and quickly, the mottle pattern was airbrushed freehand.

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg

IMG_8607.jpg

Last of all we have the Cyber Hobby 1/200 scale Vulcan, this model was quite gappy around the join of the two halves so i had to spend a bit of time on it, plus the legs are really fragile and I had trouble fitting them as I accidentally cut off a little too much material, but it worked out OK in the end.

IMG_8637.jpg

IMG_8638.jpg

IMG_8639.jpg

IMG_8640.jpg

Well that's all from me for now, I hope you enjoy looking at our entire small scale collection we've built up between us!

• Like 5

I think your Helldiver is actually a Corsair though.... :winkgrin:

Oops, yes you're correct, my error. That wasn't even close was it! I'm hoping I got the rest right though.

It was quite a process getting them all resized on photobucket, that kind of thing takes an age! It's worth the while though to get such nice comments backs so thanks to all of you :D

• 6 years later...