1/48 Academy Su-30 Flanker - Complete

Thanks for all the kind comments, quick update, all the main parts are now on, fins, tailplanes, burner cans and leading edge slats all in place. The leading edge slats were a problem and don't sit properly, I should have made some alterations to the wing earlier in the build. I've had to compromise and there not as drooped as they should be. I've also added he IFR probe in the stowed position and the clear sensor in front of the canopy. All the decals are on, I purchased the Begemot stencils set so there a few extra stencils on than you get with the kit. All that's left is to touch up the paint around the cockpit before adding all the little probes and weapons.

004-6.jpg

003-7.jpg

• Like 3

Just gorgeous.

Where did you order your Akan paint set from and did you use their thinners?

Just gorgeous.

Where did you order your Akan paint set from and did you use their thinners?

Thanks, paints were ordered from Coastal Craft Models, bought a previous set from them and just bought a Mig-29 set of them at the show at Perth at the weekend very friendly and helpful. They have a website but dont think you can order online, just a quick phone call and either pass card details over the phone or they also do PayPal.

The paints are thin enough to spray direct I would say but I added plain old water to them to increase the volume and make them last a bit longer as there's plenty space in the bottles.

• 2 weeks later...

Last update, a few of the remaining parts waiting to be added, Wolfpack Designs resin K-36 seats and some of the weapons painted up and decals on. See the finished article in RFI shortly................................

002-7.jpg

• Like 1