This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

pittnuma

1/32 Tornado

Thanks Warren, I shall get right on it, have you listed all the photo's you need? I shall use my Nikon so I can get you good photo's, you need a video aswell?

Hope you don't mind queries when I get stuck, sorry meant to say if!!!

Edited by pittnuma

Thanks Darren,

I've put in a reference to each picture as fig 1 - fig 11 hopefully they make sense as to what I want.

A video would be great.

Any questions just ask.

Cheers,

Warren

No problems, it's my next job so I shall get straight onto them, be prepared for questions! Don't know if I'm looking forward to it or not!! Should not take too long as I have everything barring the undercarriage ready that had to go back to hannants and they are sending a new set from Netherlands, 1st class mind so should be here quickly.

I'm not at work Thursday n Friday so may not get it until Monday (don't worry I shall ask 1 of my colleagues to lock it in the computer room if I'm not there so will be perfectly safe over the weekend) unless it arrives tomorrow (back to vets for further surgery Thursday as his paw has not healed and Friday watching him back into everything with a head collar on!)

Edited by pittnuma

Thanks Darren,

Was wondering how your dog was getting on last night as I watched a recorded episode of Supervet, remarkable what that guy can do!

No rush with the lighting. The only area that might be a problem is the underside strobe as it sits under the intake tunnel.

Cheers,

Warren

Ah, not thought of that, not much of an issue for me as I will drill straight through the tunnel if needs be as the tunnel is completely covered by a full face FOD cover, issue might be getting you a decent pic, shall see what I can do, will figure something out.

There will be a couple of options shortly for the Tornado Lighting kit, the first will be the addition of landing lights to the existing kit using SMDs to sit in the drilled out clear kit parts.

The second will have all the lights, including the landing lights, of the original kit but instead of just being static the Nav lights will flash for 2 minutes while all other lights are steady then the Nav lights will go steady and the landing lights will go out. After 2 minutes the sequence repeats.

I am also happy to give you the coloured LEDs to suit the Tornado you are building ie if you want coloured wing and Nav lights or red Beacons then just put a note on the web store order form.

Cheers,

Warren

Sounds superb Warren

Currently working on a multifunction lighting kit for the 1/32 Tornado. Will provide cockpit lights (back light to IPs), taxi, landing, intakes, wing tips, tail, anti-collision, engines and afterburners.

Processor will be programmed to sequence lights as follows, cockpit, taxi, wing tips, tail, intakes, taxi off, landing on, tail & intakes flash, engines on, afterburner on, afterburner off, engines off, tail and intakes steady, landing off and taxi on. Then repeat.

This is a commission build but if there is sufficient interest I will add it to the range.

Over the winter months I will also be adding a 1/48 Tornado lighting kit, a 1/48 Lightning lighting kit, a 1/32 Eurofighter lighting kit and a 1/144 Airbus A380 lighting kit.

Cheers,

Warren

Ooh that sounds interesting Warren, I'm on hold at the moment unfortunately (Divorce), should be back to it by the end of November though, let me know how it goes.

Sorry to hear that Pittnuma, hope it's not too painful.

All the best,

Warren

Hi Warren. I've been thinking about lighting my Tornado kit. Is it ready? Can you add the cockpit display lights to the original? What size battery pack do you use? I'm not doing a diorama so would need to install battery and switch in the model.

Hi Logical,

The standard Tornado kit is available and I can add a couple of LEDs to back light the instrument panels, though you will need to sort out the fitting for them. If you want multi functioning lights in a specific sequence I can put something together, just PM your requirements.

The standard lighting kit works from 2 x AA batteries and the multifunction one from 3 x AA batteries. To put the batteries on the inside you will have to form some sort of access to the underside, with a bit of thought it may be possible to do something with small magnets to make it accessible.

More than happy to discuss any particular needs.

Cheers,

Warren

Thought you might like to see the custom lighting kit I've almost finished!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=724586270960912&id=567721873314020

Apologies for it being on Facebook but I don't think Photobucket will take such a long video (1' 50")

Kit has cockpit, taxi, landing, navigation, tail, anti-collision, engines and afterburners. Sequence is programmed into an Arduino Nano and the flashing navigation lights, engines and afterburners sequence keeps repeating every 2 minutes until you power off.

Cheers,

Warren