32nd Tornado F3

Here's my Revell Tornado Gr1 being converted to a F3 using Steve (Jacksdad) conversion and the decals are from an earlier released conversion hopfully this gives you an idea of what's instore :mental:

tornadof3_zps6932bc81.jpg

tornadocut2_zps6d724f4a.jpg

tornadonose3_zpsafc3cb53.jpg

tornadomockup_zps4711840d.jpg

telpit3_zps54ec3a5e.jpg

subassy_zps172698ce.jpg

• Like 5

Aha, very interested in this I intend to do exactly the same, great start you have there.

What did you use to do the cutting?

Edited by pittnuma

Is this conversion already available ?? Because i ordered (and paid) for this one together with the "Hindenburgers" last september .

And till today it is still nothing.

Frankie

Interesting comment. I have previously tried to contact the gentleman marketing this conversion set to enquire about its content etc....so far without success.....5 months waiting. Now my 'sonar' is picking up noise from other modelling forums that suggest that all is not what it seems and that ordering and payment does not appear to be matched by delivery.....and yet the product also appears to be readily available on EBay......something not quite right here, methinks.

Interesting comment. I have previously tried to contact the gentleman marketing this conversion set to enquire about its content etc....so far without success.....5 months waiting. Now my 'sonar' is picking up noise from other modelling forums that suggest that all is not what it seems and that ordering and payment does not appear to be matched by delivery.....and yet the product also appears to be readily available on EBay......something not quite right here, methinks.

Hi Tiger 331 (and others)

This is probably what your 'sonar' has picked up.

You can read about the noise here.

(-: Roy

Edited by Roy Noras

Well I got a reply on Tuesday saying they were posted, hopefully should arrive today or tomorrow. Looking forward to getting them, I bought mine via eBay.

Mine just arrived now :thumbsup: Missing a couple of small pieces so he's sending them on, he did say he thought he'd forgotten them though.

Can't fault the communication or delivery.

Hope you get your issue solved.

Edited by pittnuma

I can vouch for Steve....spot on bloke...... so if anybody has any problem with him then its best to contact him and Im sure whatever the problem is ( I think its parcels going walk abouts ) he will be more than happy to sort it out.

If anyone has any trouble contacting him then contact me here or over on the Tornado SIG forum.

Andy

PS ...apologies for hijacking your thread Graham :unsure:

Apologies to have comment on your thread about another member.

Andy, from what I read above...Steve is selling these sets on eBay now and not taking care of folks that already paid for these months ago says a lot to about his character. I think "Spot on Bloke" as you called it...no longer fits. Guys that take funds from other modelers and don't deliver are...black spot on this hobby.

Again, my apologies Graham for commenting about Jack on your thread. I hope you best of luck on your build.

Mike

• Like 1

Apologies to have comment on your thread about another member.

Andy, from what I read above...Steve is selling these sets on eBay now and not taking care of folks that already paid for these months ago says a lot to about his character. I think "Spot on Bloke" as you called it...no longer fits. Guys that take funds from other modelers and don't deliver are...black spot on this hobby.

Again, my apologies Graham for commenting about Jack on your thread. I hope you best of luck on your build.

Mike

Yep..... I concur. This does not look good at all, particularly since it appears to only affect overseas buyers with the obvious conotations attached...does not enhance the reputation of BM or the other forums where I have read comment. The EBay deal is a particularly low blow and simply does not help. Judging by the quality of the conversion I for one (if I had bought one) would definately be looking for a refund rather than another "conversion kit in the mail".

Y

Really sorry to hijack this thread but........

To be honest guys, I think that if you all want refunds then that is up to you but I must say that if you still want a 1/32 Tornado F3 conversion then Kits For Cash sell a nice conversion with decals and white metal. Yes it is more expensive than Steve's set but Ian at Heritage/Kits for Cash is a great bloke and his service is excellent and as Ian has his resin casting done by CMR so you are assured of the quality you are getting.

Look here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234924338-tornado-f3-in-132nd-at-long-last/

and http://www.kitsforcash.com/tornado-f3-6250-p.asp

I was going to buy that 1 until I saw Steve's for £18...Ian's does look a cracking set tho, but the difference of £32 is too much to overlook..

Edited by pittnuma

Really sorry to hijack this thread but........

To be honest guys, I think that if you all want refunds then that is up to you but I must say that if you still want a 1/32 Tornado F3 conversion then Kits For Cash sell a nice conversion with decals and white metal. Yes it is more expensive than Steve's set but Ian at Heritage/Kits for Cash is a great bloke and his service is excellent and as Ian has his resin casting done by CMR so you are assured of the quality you are getting.

Look here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234924338-tornado-f3-in-132nd-at-long-last/

and http://www.kitsforcash.com/tornado-f3-6250-p.asp

Thanks Windy

Looks like a no brainer to me. Using the old adage "you get what you pay for ( or not, in the case of Jacksdad, by all accounts) I would heartily recommend ditching the idea of buying what looks like a lesser quality product, claim your money back and opt for the Heritage set. I can certainly vouch for their more recent products....i recently received the Meteor F.4 wing set and it is very nice indeed. It may not be as refined as some conversion sets, in terms of finish (flash etc) but cleans up nicely and has nice detail, engraved panel lines etc. Vote with your feet, send a clear message to those that appear to be spinning a yarn and go with someone who is very reliable with their products and service.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully things have quietend down now so here's a quick update, I have made some inserts for the intakes to hide the hole and a bit o filler and a quick sand should do it and shaped the fin to fit on the back end but not glued yet as it will be easier to handle.

intake_zps3b99dada.jpg

tail_zpsbf442eea.jpg

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

how odd that his set is an INFERIOR COPY OF OURS...... look forward to sorting this blatant theft personally....

oh and i dont think others whose stuff he is copying (badly i might add) will be too impressed either...paragon to name but one!

Edited by Ian @ KitsforCash

Nice work Graham, any big issues you came across so far?

Edited by pittnuma

• 4 months later...

Been a while here's another update of the "white lightning" I bought the wrong can of Tamiya primer white instead of grey but hey I think the F3 looks pretty good in all white. Anyway still a few bits and bobs to sort but nearly at the painting stage, tanks and pylons done, chaff dispensers and rear missle points added.

TornadoF3side_zpsf7fbec0d.jpg

TornadoF3andtanks_zpsa9cf2f49.jpg

TornadoF3underside_zps615e76fb.jpg

Graham

• Like 5