'Different' 48th. Lancaster.

Here is my Tamiya Lanc representing an ASR.3 version of 279 Squadron. in 1945.

Although very time consuming it was a fairly straightforward build apart from adding and

moving some windows.

The plan was to include the air-sea rescue boat, but proved to be not so easy to scratch build.....

might attempt it at a later stage.

As usual Murphy played its part in this build and if you haven't spotted it by now I am glad...........

but, I forgot to add exhaust stains on the underside of the wings. Shall add it as soon as I finished my current project.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
Edited by Etiennedup
  • Like 39

Great colour scheme. Liking this one.

Chris

Now that is rather special! I don't recall having ever seen one of these in this scheme before. :wow: from me too!

A beautiful job Etienne: a marvellous paint scheme which is very well finished indeed. Don't worry too much about staining under the wings, there was very little if any there because the airflow took the exhaust emissions up over the wing - and again as you've probably noticed very little on the outboard engines. I reckon that's Chaddy sitting up there in the cockpit, lucky chap!

Max

Absolutely love this - terrific build and fascinating scheme. Great job...

The tonality in the painting give a great depth to the finish and the figure gives a fantastic sense of scale. :goodjob: