Kitty Hawk SH-2F Seasprite in 48th scale...

heloman1

I've just received the above after waitng almost a month for the PO in both Jo'burg and Cape Town to get their respective acts together and release the parcel. Frustration, you bet!

We have a new system in place called work to rule or slower if you can. Access the package and work out the handling fees but don't relase the package. Send a notice informing the recipient that "we need to know the contents and see an invoice". This entails a long distance phone call to Cape Town. They then ask the reference number and then ask, what is the contents and we need an invoice. Answer, "plastic aircraft kit and the invoice is on the box". "Hold on please", wait,, "oh yes, we'll release it tomorrow". Then another four days in transit from Cape Town via George our local postal hub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well was it worth waiting for, well yes because besides the ancient and very rudimentary kit form Matchbox back in the '80's, this is the first serious kit of the Seasprite and long overdue.There's a review by Julien elsewhere on this site.

Apart from the bloops with the forward 'Dog House', cowling forward of the main rotorhead and the associated cockpit eyebrow glazing the kit looks good. The bloops is courtesy of the 'G' version and it's different engine fit. Luckilly, The Cobra Company have come to the resuce with a correction kit.

There are plenty of parts left over which will get used on the G version. There is also plenty of scope for other versions of the Seasprite.

Wil I start the kit, well, not just yet, I have two build threads running already. Pity, I was looking forward to getting on with it.

Colin

• 1 month later...

Colin.

My review is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234954793-kaman-sh-2f-seasprite-kitty-hawk-148/

Apart from the dog house issue the kit lacks the equipment rack inside and the sensor op's station. These can be addressed using the Cobra company interior set. The kit does provide the jump seat inside the Stbd door even though there is no mention of it on the instruction sheet at all!

I have the cobra sets winging there way to me and will put some pics up when I get them.

Julien