Nowotny's Fw 190A-5

This is my completed 1/48 Hasegawa Fw 190A-5, of Walter Nowotny when in JG54 'Grunhertz'.

I used the Hasegawa 'Priller' A-5 kit and some of the decals from the Eduard ProfiPack to make Nowotny's mount.

I used a combination of Humbrol, Xtracolour and White Ensign Models enamels, some Eduard seatbelts and Master Brass gunbarrels.

I drilled out the spar behind the armour headrest to run the antenna wire down (not as convincingly as Mal's Sturmbock build!) and used a strand of hair for the antenna wire (reacts well to CA and is flexible). I also added the 'gear down' indicators above the wing, made from some toothbrush bristles cut down and painted red.

On to the pictures.

DSC02981.JPG

DSC02980.JPG

DSC02982.JPG

DSC02983.JPG

DSC02984.JPG

DSC02985.JPG

DSC02986.JPG

Need to fill the antenna hole in the yellow theatre band...

DSC02987.JPG

DSC02988.JPG

DSC02989.JPG

Wing cross (port ) looks off centre, it's just the camera.

DSC02990.JPG

DSC02991.JPG

DSC02992.JPG

• Like 7

Thank you all for your kind comments, I'm glad this is well received. Angstrom - it appears that most other sources have the spinner spiral as white, Eduard says yellow. I have another JG54 190 with a half yellow/half black green spinner, so I went with the yellow!

Angstrom - it appears that most other sources have the spinner spiral as white, Eduard says yellow. I have another JG54 190 with a half yellow/half black green spinner, so I went with the yellow!

Yeah; the Eduard instructions call it as either yellow/black or yellow/red -as you say, the weight of opinion seems to be with a white spiral so I'll try that with the generic spiral mask set.

This will be my first Luftwaffe effort, well out of my depth so it's nice to have some inspiration!

• Like 1

She's a beaut. As mentioned by others, that belt hanging over the side of the cockpit is just the perfect touch.

Nicely done.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1