Airfix CANCELS 1/24 Typhoon!

SeaVenom

Hate to be the bringer of bad news but my friends cousins friend who works for Airfix said that this kit's been binned because of incredibly high production costs and someone high up hates Typhoons anyway.

He said the mock ups and sprues we've seen so far have all been fakes (probably from 3D printers) and were just shown to gauge interest and they even went as far as producing a few of them to make it look as if production was well under way. There'll be a formal announcement in the next few days.

Bummer I know and i was really looking forward to this too. Boo hoo Aifix that's all I can say.

Hate to be the bringer of bad news but my friends cousins friend who works for Airfix said that this kit's been binned because of incredibly high production costs and someone high up hates Typhoons anyway.

He said the mock ups and sprues we've seen so far have all been fakes (probably from 3D printers) and were just shown to gauge interest and they even went as far as producing a few of them to make it look as if production was well under way. There'll be a formal announcement in the next few days.

Bummer I know and i was really looking forward to this too. Boo hoo Aifix that's all I can say.

Lame, but worth a try.

Shane

As you're all probably aware............surprise surprise it as an April Fools. Nice to see most of you have a sense of humour and just think it could have been much worse..............I could have said we were getting an entirely new kit and then you'd have your dreams crushed when you found out it wasn't true.......but even I think that's too cruel. :D

• Like 2

Beat me to it, I was going to announce that they were releasing a 1/24 scale Beaufighter, drat!

Duncan B

But they have,it was released today as a gift set in 1/24th,1/48th, 1/72nd and 1/144th for £25.00 all tooled by Trumpeter

• Like 1

When I read this I thought they haven't announced a 1:24 Eurofighter how can they announce they've cancelled it as I know they'd never cancel that Hawker Typhoon that's out soon.

Beat me to it, I was going to announce that they were releasing a 1/24 scale Beaufighter, drat!

Duncan B

Duncan

where did you hear that? Its supposed to be a secret until Christmas and Telford 2014

(actually its not - unless Airfix know better)

• Like 1