Kits from the Stan - Aircraft builds

Brilliant thread.

Brilliant models.

Great pics!

I especially love the Hurricane in formation with jets, I'm sure it would hold it's own......

V Best to all our guys and girls out there :-) hope you enjoyed building the kits.

Safe return.

TonyS

Edited by dhdove

You can tell that there are a few experienced modelers over there. My son was a bomb dog handler in Paktika Provence, he tried to build a kit but it was hard with all the rocket attacks and be real Taliban mischief going on. He has been building models since he was 5 years old, and still does, he finds it very therapeutic. Glad so,done is taking care of the guys over there, God bless them all.

Cheers

• Like 3

just a thought guys but is there any way we could make this a bit of a competition, maybe a quick vote of our favorite .....im sure someone on here would be able to produce an authentic britmodeller certitficate or something to send over to the winner,just a thought,bit of a morale booster!

Personally; I don't like the idea of making it a competition. How can one judge a real beginner's model against an experienced modeller's one.?

But maybe a special certificate saying 'Featured on the Britmodeller Forum'

personaly i dont know(from the pics i have seen) which one of the guys over there are experienced modellers and which aint, as they ALL appear to be building kits in very basic conditions i mean you cannot get more out of the box than this! so what we gonna do send them all a certificate saying as featured in Britmodeller?? wheres then fun in that? anyone who has served in any of the services will tell you the competition between units is encoraged an is part and parcel of it all!! maybe it could become The "Britmodellers armed forces modeller of the month "as that would encourage the guys to keep up the modelling

• Like 1

Thanks for your words, was going to do a poll at some time. Also rightly pointed out some people are doing this for the very first time.

Anyway time for an update.

Adam has now rigged his Letov (bonus points!)

Adam%20Letov%20UPD.JPG

Adam%20Letov%20UPD%202.JPG

Simon's MK IX Spitfire

Simons%20Spit%20Mk%20IX.JPG

Simons%20Spit%20Mk%20IX%202.JPG

The CO's LA-5

The%20Boss%20LA-5.JPG

The%20Boss%20LA-5%202.JPG

The%20Boss%20LA-5%203.JPG

The%20Boss%20LA-5%204.JPG

Some kits from Richie

Now bearing in mind what has been said before he is an absolute novice, never touched a kit before so is doing the basics and working up. We will make a modeller out of him!

F-22

Richie%20F22.JPG

Spitfire MKI

Richie%20MkI.JPG

Corsair

Richie%20Corsair%202.JPG

Richie%20Corsair%203.JPG

More pics to follow as they build them.

Julien

• Like 3

Love em'all, but that SHAR has the zaniest squadron markings going.

Also bring's a whole new meaning to the acronym HUD,..."there we were cruising along at 25,000 and the Hands Up Display performed faultlessly!"

Well done to everyone...come home safe and keep up the good work. :-)

Extra Extra Points to Adam; it looks like he has made crew for his biplane! Look closely at it; it looks like he has put two 'match-stick' men into it.

More good work from everyone there.

• Like 2

Extra Extra Points to Adam; it looks like he has made crew for his biplane! Look closely at it; it looks like he has put two 'match-stick' men into it.

Aha! The old L.S. Lowry aviators...didn't notice until you hilighted them.

Hope all of you have no more time to model over there! I hope your packing, getting ready to pack or have packed. BM will still be here...soon I hope none of you are there!

Edited by Nobby57
  • Like 1

Well spotted BK, I hope the thinness of the aircrew isn't a reflection on forces rations over there.

The Harrier looks really well done, definitely someone with "previous" as the old bill would say.

Keep the finished photos coming please.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...