Revell 1/72nd Sea Hurricane 'Quick Build'

Hi folks,

I was taking March off from modelling, pending a couple of upcoming GBs, when I decided to throw together a Revell Sea Hurricane, trying to correct a couple of outline errors in the process. The result is shown below as a rocket equipped SHurri IIC from HMS Vindex (I'm following a profile on Wings Palette, so don't know how accurate it is) but as a quick build, it met the need.

Prop / spinner is from Quickboost, vacform sliding canopy is from Squadron (I think) and the rockets / rails I believe came from a Hi-Tech Smer kit of the IIC although I may be wrong. Anyway, the rest is hacked about Revell plastic. Decals are from the spares box apart from the s/n (which is from the kit and is therefore wrong for this aircraft).

regards,

Martin

DSCF6062_zpsdad5f336.jpg

DSCF6063_zpsdb570a9c.jpg

Edited by mike romeo
  • Like 6

Very nice build Mike I have a few of these Revell Hurricanes but have never build any yet.

Thank you, Steve. It's a nice kit to build, but unfortunately it has a few outline errors to deal with. I had a go at fixing some of them on my build.

regards,

Martin

Nicely done Mike. I like the Bluey Grey upper colour....I've got a 30 year old Matchbox Tempest I finished in very similar colours

I've got a Revell and an Academy Sea Hurri in the stash and I'm looking forward to them.

Was your underside Medium Sea Grey???? Looks lightish but I suspect that's what you've used

Cheers

Folks,

Thanks for your comments; they are appreciated.

As I say, I built it quickly to illustrate some of the modifications that need to be made, so some of the details are a bit crude.

@ Winenut,

The underside colour was Sky. Topsides: Extra Dark Sea Grey and Dark Slate grey as per the FAA Temperate Sea Scheme. All the colours were Xtracrylix and brush painted.

regards,

Martin

Edited by mike romeo