DeAgostini 'Build the Millenium Falcon'

The locating blocks for the rear seats were removed and replaced by a simple styrene plate with a thin section of aluminium tubing to act as a socket...

P1050591_zpsdjhh9rs4.jpg

The rear seats had a column attached to the underside made from styrene rod and aluminium tube...

P1050592_zpsn3ghvria.jpg

One seat was detailed on the back with styrene strip and rod to replicate the ones used on the set....

P1050593_zpsjtyjzmwm.jpg

P1050594_zpsjijjt3aa.jpg

Seats placed in position...having one facing the side console adds some animation to the cockpit....

P1050595_zpsvhfeohwj.jpg

• Like 2

friend of mine got his issue one on subscription but no T-shirt !!! anyone had the same problem ??

As I understand it the t-shirt does not come until issue 2. Also they are often mailed out separately.

I note the model is getting extremely positive reviews and responses on RPF, now some folk have received issues 4 & 5. There even appears to be an undercurrent it's up there with MR model and some have it a nose in front.

Marty...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've just shipped a set of cockpit parts over to Paul Bodensiek of ParaGrafix for evaluation with a view to getting a brass upgrade set released. This would replace the panels provided as stickers (good though they are) and enhance detail in other areas....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For a £900 model that claims to be sooo accurate thats a pretty bad mistake they've made there… and in issue 2. Wonder what else will come up during the build.

Have they supplied any detailed photos of the finished kit, I've not found any?

Please. The "soooo"you used is quite cute but very uncalled for...

There is no perfect model, that's the modelers job. Pretty bad mistake? LOL Have you seen the inconsistencies among the different available models? Even the Masters Replicas Falcon has them and also a very bad quality paint job. Go and look for one in Ebay to see its current price in the market. That "mistake" is nothing. You obviously dont like the model but lets make the critiques logical and down to earth.

• Like 1

Fair enough… I know it's not difficult to correct. I do stand by my comment though that for all the research, exact copy of the studio model it's a pretty school boy error and I'd have expected it right for £900.

For the record I do like the model and think there will be some stunning builds of it. It's just not for me.

• 1 month later...

Yep, I too also took the plunge and stumped up and subscribed to this a few months back.

Much like others here, I will be building this all in one go and will be doing some extra detailing and re-painting the whole thing myself.

This is my first ever part build and I must admit, I too was very apprehensive about signing up due to the cost and the concern of the run not finishing. That being said, I am glad that I did. With a little work and a decent re-paint, this will look the absolute bomb. I am not married, no kids and I'm a massive Star Wars nut. I just had to do it! I also don't drink down the pub, so my un-used beer money will happily cover this. :)

• Like 1