What If 1/144 TSR2 GR3 "G" George of 617 Sqn

Hello fellow modellers.

This is my first post in RFI, comments welcomed.

All brush painted using Humbrol enamels, decals are a mix of the supplied kit ones & Fundecals 1/144 Vulcans.

Enjoy the following pictures of surely what should have been instead of what if!

IMG_0126_zpse13df400.jpgIMG_0127_zps9dbcddbe.jpgIMG_0128_zps51895da7.jpgIMG_0129_zpsce6a581d.jpgIMG_0131_zpsfcff83e8.jpg

IMG_0132_zps8c9bbe3c.jpg

• Like 15

Very nice, I`m just putting the finishing touches to a very similar model in 1/72nd scale,....great minds think alike!

Cheers

Tony

That is a really nice TSR2. Love the wrap around scheme it just looks great on anything. I believe you could take any any Aircraft and it would wear this scheme well.

This one certainly does. I love it. Cheers Rob ;)

Nice. I see you fitted the fuel tank. Is there an option for an open bomb bay?

Yes with the Pit Road kit you get the bomb doors open or closed & a decent bomb bay interior & large bomb. No bomb racks tho.

Could someone tell me who makes the dio base it looks like the pre printed ones I have seen somewhere. I would like to pick some up.

Cheers Rob

The base is from Noy Pines. He sells them on ebay as Noy Minatures I think but they are also available from Hannants & in different scales.

• Like 1

The base is from Noy Pines. He sells them on ebay as Noy Minatures I think but they are also available from Hannants & in different scales.

cheers they look ace taa ;)

Great looking TSR2, I just read some interesting literature on the aircraft.

Thanks for all your comments. There is still a lot of classified material on the TSR2.

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I see one if these I just think how 'right' the TSR 2 looks in camouflage. What might have been, had the UK been in a stronger position economically in the 60s! Good build.

Was talking with some fellow aviation historian buffs & along with the financial uk 60's some of its cancellation was pressure from the US as it was better than anything they had on the board!

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of the TSR2 books & they have a very nice sand wrap camo pattern for a what if Red Flag detachment & also a variable geometry TSR2. So that's the plan for the next two sorted!!

• Like 1