Beefys Boatyard 1/35 MTB 74 St Nazaire Raid

She's looking superb. You've done a great job on the paintwork.

Thanks Dave glad you like so far

cor blimey Beefy - this has come on a real treat since I last checked in on her - this is really looking fantastic

Thanks GS still a way to go yet glad your liking so far

Beefy

• 4 weeks later...

Go for it !

No rush Julian I have been on with this thing for a while now and it is getting a bit long in the tooth so trying my best to get it done soon

Small update little more work done on the dockside adding more Moss using the lifecolor set and model railway grass oh and this is the cheap B&Q silicone I use for setting the boat in place and shaping the waves

IMG_0014_zps87cwqgas.jpg

IMG_0018_zpsqfdzwzio.jpg

paint on the Fixer with hairy stick and sprinkle the various colored moss and grass

And some final deck fittings the anchor and rope

IMG_0021_zpspfbue72y.jpg

BOLLARDS for the dockside using the rust set I have used on the Bucket build

IMG_0022_zpsjlt3xzzp.jpg

Beefy

• Like 1

Enjoying the thread Beefy, but I keep finding myself drawn to the frame on the bow because I cannot figure out how it works. Do you know how it was supposed to work?

Enjoying the thread Beefy, but I keep finding myself drawn to the frame on the bow because I cannot figure out how it works. Do you know how it was supposed to work?

Thanks Jockster not sure about the frame already covered that back in post 140 ish got no reference at all that the thing was ever fitted only engineers plans but all photos show her without the frame so will not be using it

I think it was supposed to help guide the torpedo over the protection nets in the dock area

Those are very nice effects you are creating there. The rust looks great and the lichen is very realistic. This will be another excellent Dio/build.

Great work Keith :winkgrin:

Cheers Julian will be adding some oil washes to this to get it a little darker in places when I remove the excess scatter when the fixer is dried.

Beefy

• Like 1

Small update added some oil wash to the lichen and gave it a thin coat of clear along the water edge to make it look wet still more to add around other parts of the wall

Also re-painted the water and gave that a coat of making waves to get that shiny look to it

IMG_0025_zpsrtus7t06.jpg

And started to play around with the figures to see were best to place them

IMG_0024_zps3uikj5tv.jpg

IMG_0023_zpsfir5ksjv.jpg

Beefy

• Like 10

WOW indeed Keith! That bit of "seaweed" just set's it aside from the docksides you've done before. A brilliant addition to this diorama and I can see some gongs coming your way this coming show season for this and the trawler. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for all the positive feedback there Gent,s

About time you started giving master classes Keith. Great work on the trawler and on the Vosper :goodjob:

Its February so have a Hobgoblin to celebrate surviving "Dry January" :yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo::winkgrin:

Sorry Julian but lost out to Dry January mate :weep::weep:

Not so much going on with this at the moment just adding another couple of layers of the making waves to the water to get that deep dark shiny look.

on a more happy note this week been getting things ready for my folks to move back into there bungalow after all the work was completed after there little chip pan fire last September

And I also got the good news of my promotion at work so will be celebrating with this at the weekend when all the furniture is moved back into the parents and I get some time for a sit down

IMG_0034_zpsrpkmwfha.jpg

Cheers me Dears

Beefy

• Like 4

I haven't seen Beamish for years, to the point where I thought it was no longer brewed!

Yes still gets brewed Micro brewery on the grounds of Beamish Hall right next door to parts of the open air museum about 5 minutes from were i live and a very nice pint or ten it was :winkgrin:

Beefy

• Like 1

OK been working on some storage and display issues with this project.

A good friend from my local model club makes very good bases as he is a joiner by trade of many years. ( well I would like to think of all the club members as good friends )

So I asked him to make me this storage and display box ( BIG BOX :weep: ) and one comment I got back from one so called friend when he seen it was were are you putting your Coffin

And just for the record I,am 5 foot 7 inches the Coffin is to small BEEKAY :fight::fight:

Any way will be painting the BIG BOX as soon as I get good weather so can do this outside as it is a bit cooled up North this time of year :cold::cold:

IMG_0059_zpsbvnibiyf.jpg

Also been playing with the rust set again on the exhausts to give a small amount of wear and tear

IMG_0060_zpsmkqwn2mq.jpg

Beefy

• Like 3

I probably said this befor, but BRILLIANT. I've got one of these Italeri MTB kits, but I'll probably ave to sell it as there's nowhere in oour new place to display it when built!

• Like 1