Beefys Boatyard 1/35 MTB 74 St Nazaire Raid

Now were shaping up, tidy job on the cockpit. The exhausts have worked out very well.

That's some diorama you've got on the go

:goodjob:

Kev

Thanks Kev my little projects do sometimes get a bit out of hand :banghead:

Very impressive progress! I am becoming more and more convinced that I need to get into this casting game, it looks like it could save me no end of time.

Martin

Martin casting is not that hard to do so long as you read the instructions this is another first for me :book:

Very nice work Keith, :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Thanks Julian glad you approve

Great to see this back on the water mate. 4 weeks to completion for Glasgow show?? Neee Botha!

BK

Thanks mate but that might just be pushing it with all the figures to do as well

Wow Beefy - that's a real Whopper you've got going on there

Yes mate the wife thinks so too :oops: Ahh you mean the Dio :coolio:

OK another update nearly finished the torpedo tubes I want to put the canvas covers over the ends as in the dockside photo Kev put up Any Ideas as to how to go about this tissue paper or Green Stuff putty

IMG_0574_zpsyqaluej7.jpg

And another bit of brain picking what colors to go for the box artwork looks to dark so I was thinking of going with the color chart in the Coastal Craft book and using the AKA paints

IMG_0573_zpsct3v9zwn.jpg

IMG_0572_zpsece9wofk.jpg

Beefy

• Like 2

For me mate, I would go with the Coastal Craft - more likely to be accurate and the best reason would be it just looks better :boxing:

Brian

You could do that with the tissue and diluted glue trick. Just don't go brushing it all tight but let it be a bit saggy. should work fine, maybe a practice run on a piece of tube first :thumbsup2::yahoo:

That is such a lovely cluttered deck in that photo, that would look gobsmackingly good on your harbour diorama Keith.

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 1

Update painting

Why is it that white paint is always so :shit: to paint with no matter which way I try it always ends up coughing farting and spluttering all over the shop :badmood:

Anyway started to get some kind of Camo on rough as a badgers backside at the minute but will be using bluetack and masking tape for the rest of it

IMG_0577_zpsrfa0mndc.jpg

IMG_0578_zpsvha9ixur.jpg

And this is the camo pattern to aim for

IMG_0579_zpst3ywqvoc.jpg

Beefy

• Like 4

Thanks for all the support again lads but for now this build is on hold while I do some work on my dear old mam and dads house they had a bit of an accident with there Chip pan so busy cleaning all this mess up for now

no serious injury's just dad trying to be a hero burnt the back of his hand will need some treatment for it but not to much we hope

20150921_103919_zpsqmglfkkx.jpg

20150921_103932_zpszllqzwb6.jpg

Give them all the best from us mate but I'm sure you've done that already. I hope his hand's on the mend and your Ma's OK. Speak to you soon.

Brian

• Like 1

Glad to hear your folks are in reasonable shape after what must have been a pretty upsetting fire in the kitchen Keith. Keep an eye on them as they must be pretty shaken up after this incident.

Good luck on the repair work and we will hear from you when you are back at the bench mate,

cheers,

Julian

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words there lads been very busy at the Old folks home should have put that another way I mean at my parents what with all the clean up and sorting out :shrug:

But the boat yard is now back and building well painting with a mix of tape and White tack I use this rather than the blue stuff as it does not leave a greasy stain on the paint and beleive me had enough of greasy stains the last couple of weeks

Also been building up some of the crew figures a mix of the Italeri set and some WEE friends

IMG_0592_zpsxslkszix.jpg

IMG_0591_zpsvuyvrwxr.jpg

Thanks for looking in

Beefy

• Like 3