Beefys Boatyard 1/35 MTB 74 St Nazaire Raid

Thanks for the kind words there lads been very busy at the Old folks home should have put that another way I mean at my parents what with all the clean up and sorting out :shrug:

But the boat yard is now back and building well painting with a mix of tape and White tack I use this rather than the blue stuff as it does not leave a greasy stain on the paint and beleive me had enough of greasy stains the last couple of weeks

Also been building up some of the crew figures a mix of the Italeri set and some WEE friends

Thanks for looking in

Beefy

Nice to see you back on track. Your seamen are fantastic, bloody jealous of that. Mine always looked like extras from a zombie movie or overcooked lobsters.

Great work mate :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Thanks lads not sure if you noticed but looking at the Italeri sheet of the made up figures the bottom left bloke looks like he is doing the Hooky-Cooky so I have altered his right arm to make it look as though he is shouting out orders while leaning up against the torpedo launcher.

Will be trying to get the covers made soon for the launchers looking at my photos and as Julian pointed out they need to be slightly baggy or slack fit so will try putting some sponge into the ends of the tubes before using some tissue paper to cover them

cheers Beefy

OK so playing about with the parts to make up the Diorama to try for size still a few touch ups on the paint side of things.

IMG_0593_zpsrraac5hd.jpg

With the foam up the tubes oo er missus :bouncy:

IMG_0594_zpsxk7yffsm.jpg

IMG_0595_zpswfsu3bqd.jpg

Should get the cloth sack covers done this weekend

Cheers

Beefy

• Like 11

Looking just like the photo :goodjob:

That is a rather huge dio though Keith, building a new wing on the house to store it ? :winkgrin:

Not exactly a wing but then again I could use one of the wings from your JU to stand it on Julian

Any way think of were to put it when I get the thing finished

been working on the cloth covers first too attempts got a bit to tight when dried out so hope these look a bit better

IMG_0596_zpsqophdoia.jpg

IMG_0599_zpszblyovbh.jpg

when fully dry will give a coat of primer to see if they look OK

Beefy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well after another bout of helping mama and papa beefy move into some temporary accommodation until all repair work is done on there smoky shell I have managed some bench time for myself so been working up some of the figures just a small bit so far

IMG_0604_zpsftsebqtc.jpg

Some of the poses do look a bit odd but believe me when in place they do look better ( I Hope )

IMG_0603_zpsv2ondlyw.jpg

Beefy

• Like 6

The figures are looking good matey and have some great poses. I can see the guy on the right on a board with Surfin' USA playing in the background.

Good to hear the folks are settling into their temp accommodation - I bet you get some "jobs" to do soon though.

See you soon

Brian

• Like 1

Not to sure about Benson more like Wipe Out :guitar:

Thanks Gent,s for your musical in sites I thought that I might have gotten some grief about the figure poses but you have been most polite :whistle:

will hopefully get time to complete this batch at the weekend after my Night :sleep_1::sleep_1::zombie: shift :work:

Beefy

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hope to be able to get more time back at the bench after my second stint as Florence Nightingale the missus is well on her way to recovery now after the other Hip operation fully bionic woman now

So a bit time spent on getting the figures painted and replaced a couple of the Italeri heads with some from the Wee friends range.

IMG_0547_zpsjvngsvda.jpg

IMG_0546_zpsazrsgt9p.jpg

IMG_0545_zpsuyxfbjwq.jpg

IMG_0544_zps8vbgyobh.jpg

next job is the boats ID numbers and then the glazing

Beefy

• Like 5

I've been neglecting the forum too long it seems! This is brilliant. I've got one of the regular Italeri Vospers stashed, but I may have to sell it as I have no idea what I'd do with it once built since we downsized!

• Like 2