Karel Doorman The Last Cruise, Grumman S-2A Tracker and SH-34 Helicopter

Superb internal work there Martian. Glad you are moving forward on this one, I just love Trackers, and a Dutch one no less, more EDSG over Sky .................... yes!

Terry

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

The last couple of days have seen the main interior colour applied and the highlighting of the structure begun. The port engine bearers have been sprayed Interior Green. The highlighting of the interior is quite a laborious process but I will endeavour to keep you all posted as it progresses. At least stuff has started happening again on the project and I can feel my mojo for it returning.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

I had almost.

Almost forgotten how blooming good that nacelle and the rest of the Tracker was

I hope we can have more of this build soon 

Top Martianing!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, perdu said:

Ditto! We might even get a Dutch Tracker for Telford ................... 🤔

Hopeful of Dorset.

• Like 3

Hello Dear Alien !!

Ha !! Good new !! Our red planet ETI is back at a Navy with wings !!

Good good !!

Nice painting , Glad to see the tracker back on track….

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:03, limeypilot said:

Ooh, more Trackery!

Looking good with a lick of paint on her. It's about time this one was brought up to date and finished off, good to hear the mojo is back!

Ian

Thanks Ian. Mojo is definitely back.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:59, TheBaron said:

Those last three photos.

Consider me smacked of gob at most at just how good those combinations of structure and colour now look Martian. Well worth waiting for.

Cheers Tony, the challenge now is to get her completed in the style of the SH-34 as ultimately they will be displayed alongside each other.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:01, longshanks said:

Paint job is highlighting all your hard work to perfection

:clap2:

Kev

Thanks Kev.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:08, Pete in Lincs said:

I concur. (Must be the pickled onions. Sorry)

Ditto.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 00:19, CJP said:

Fabulous Martian - this is going to be a superb model!

CJP

I hope so after all the work that has gone into it and the SH-34.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 00:23, Terry1954 said:

Superb internal work there Martian. Glad you are moving forward on this one, I just love Trackers, and a Dutch one no less, more EDSG over Sky .................... yes!

Terry

Thanks Terry, its hard to beat that combination of colours.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 07:54, perdu said:

I had almost.

Almost forgotten how blooming good that nacelle and the rest of the Tracker was

Top Martianing!

More should be occurring in the near future now that I am back from Oxford. Away for a week from 4th though, Have to help crew narrow boat. There's a busman's holiday if ever there was one!

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:29, Terry1954 said:

Ditto! We might even get a Dutch Tracker for Telford ................... 🤔

Hopeful of Dorset.

A bit of a stretch but it could happen.

15 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear Alien !!

Ha !! Good new !! Our red planet ETI is back at a Navy with wings !!

Good good !!

Nice painting , Glad to see the tracker back on track….

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC.

Martian 👽

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I didn't say which year ............ 🤔

Very wise of you! It seems that by the time the Tracker is finished, people will have had time to be born, grow up, raise families of their own and die.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

I have to go away for a week to help crew a narrow boat tomorrow, so I thought that this was a good point to update you all on what I have been up to over the last week. I have mostly been occupied with detail painting the interior of the fuselage and this is nearing completion and I will soon be able to look at fitting it out. I decided that the exposed engine mount was too in your face for  me and re-sprayed it chromate yellow. I have seen Trackers with engine mounts painted in chromate yellow, interior green and pale grey so its very much a matter of personal taste here unless one can tie down a particular engine mount to a specific aircraft at a verified date. In this case I can't so what you see is what I have decided to go with to try and move the build forward a bit quicker.

Thanks for looking 

Martian 👽

308.jpg

310.jpg

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Trackers with engine mounts painted in chromate yellow, interior green and pale grey so its very much a matter of personal taste here unless one can tie down a particular engine mount to a specific aircraft at a verified date. In this case I can't so what you see is what I have decided to go with

A sound and forthright maxim Daddy M.

That's some gracious verdigreening and greyifying happening there now. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

A sound and forthright maxim Daddy M.

That's some gracious verdigreening and greyifying happening there now. :thumbsup2:

I think that means you like it.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, mr.T said:

Hi Martian, any update for us?

BestT

Strange you should ask that question as I was fiddling about with it the other day, the Tracker that is. I decided to redo the port engine mounting as I had got fed up with it keep breaking and ripped it out of the model. If I can get the basic shapes of the various radios, radars and black boxes constructed, I should be able to make some progress. Please remember however, that the last couple of years have been a pretty torrid time in my personal life with a major bereavement and assorted health issues, culminating in a full scale nervous breakdown last October that I am still trying to recover from.  I am advised that this alone will take some considerable time. On top of this I have an ever increasing amount of Maritime Volunteer Services duties on my plate. I am therefore having to work on stuff as and when I feel like it. The Tracker is very much in my mind as it sits in front of me every time I sit down at the bench and will not be heading in the direction of the shelf of doom. Actually, once she is buttoned up, she should progress quite quickly to the painting stage.

Martian👽

• Like 9

On 6/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, Martian said:

Strange you should ask that question as I was fiddling about with it the other day, the Tracker that is. I decided to redo the port engine mounting as I had got fed up with it keep breaking and ripped it out of the model. If I can get the basic shapes of the various radios, radars and black boxes constructed, I should be able to make some progress. Please remember however, that the last couple of years have been a pretty torrid time in my personal life with a major bereavement and assorted health issues, culminating in a full scale nervous breakdown last October that I am still trying to recover from.  I am advised that this alone will take some considerable time. On top of this I have an ever increasing amount of Maritime Volunteer Services duties on my plate. I am therefore having to work on stuff as and when I feel like it. The Tracker is very much in my mind as it sits in front of me every time I sit down at the bench and will not be heading in the direction of the shelf of doom. Actually, once she is buttoned up, she should progress quite quickly to the painting stage.

Martian👽

I was asking about it as I think it is a great project and was recently checking the Dutch history on the SH-34. Stay the course and looking forward to updates whenever they come. Best Tim

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mr.T said:

I was asking about it as I think it is a great project and was recently checking the Dutch history on the SH-34. Stay the course and looking forward to updates whenever they come. Best Tim

What he says M...

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hello Master Modeler, hello Martian

Just like you, I have been off course to for a  while. No focus, no interest. Slowly getting back into gear. Today I had some questions asked regarding the 1/48  S2F modelling aspects, and it reminded me of "The Last Cruise" from Martian.

I must say, it is very inspiring to see your craftmanship displayed on this site. The follow topic is active.👍

I wish you and your family a safe and happy 2022.

Yours Sincerely,

Orion

The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

Cheers Orion, I have been getting the odd bit done on the Tracker in between other non-modelling related demands on my time. I want to get it buttoned up in the near future so I can move towards painting. I need to re-build the port engine bearers first though. The mixture of plastic and aluminium tube held together with CA kept failing and I have stripped things back to the engine bulkhead.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Martian said:

Cheers Orion, I have been getting the odd bit done on the Tracker in between other non-modelling related demands on my time. I want to get it buttoned up in the near future so I can move towards painting. I need to re-build the port engine bearers first though. The mixture of plastic and aluminium tube held together with CA kept failing and I have stripped things back to the engine bulkhead.

Martian 👽

Come on Martin, the Tracker needs finishing. Don't get side tracked!!!

Colin

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Come on Martin, the Tracker needs finishing. Don't get side tracked!!!

Colin

Fair dos Colin, he didnt take it to Wales with him after all.

He knows it is a priority build.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 14/12/2021 at 15:55, heloman1 said:

I need to re-build the port engine bearers first though. The mixture of plastic and aluminium tube held together with CA kept failing and I have stripped things back to the engine bulkhead.

I wonder if the alien chum has ditched stuporgoo for this task yet?

Sounds to me as if this is a perfect time and place to use UV resin as a nadhesive or even Araldite.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, perdu said:

I wonder if the alien chum has ditched stuporgoo for this task yet?

Sounds to me as if this is a perfect time and place to use UV resin as a nadhesive or even Araldite.

The issue is the engine mounts. They need to be made from brass and soldered together as previous iterations kept breaking. The soldering poses no problems but accurately marking and cutting and drilling sheet brass is proving somewhat of an issue.

Frustrated of Mars 👽

• Like 2

Sheet metal working was within my skill range when I was tool setting/making if you need a hand Martian, should be easy enough with a scriber/blunt modelling knife and a centre punch.

Show us the shapes?

• Like 2