Karel Doorman The Last Cruise, Grumman S-2A Tracker and SH-34 Helicopter

I am sure we can get discounted prices from my local ABK dealer if the chaps in Lincolnshire cannot arrange for enough pilsner to float the boat Martian

And there will be plenty of organic tasting 'real' ale too although my preference is for real beer that simply tastes of beer

I could drink Brew 11 all night and oftentimes did

Never needed tastes of hops and nettles and other vegetable matter in a pint back in my day  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, perdu said:

I am sure we can get discounted prices from my local ABK dealer if the chaps in Lincolnshire cannot arrange for enough pilsner to float the boat Martian

And there will be plenty of organic tasting 'real' ale too although my preference is for real beer that simply tastes of beer

I could drink Brew 11 all night and oftentimes did

Never needed tastes of hops and nettles and other vegetable matter in a pint back in my day  :)

Real ale floats my boat Bill. Well not literally, even I couldn't guzzle five tons worth of the stuff, well, not in one go that is.

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

Pint of Shephard Neame's Spitfire would go down rather well right now!

Ian

It would here as well. I have run out of the real ale I brought to the island with me. Not quite sure how that happened.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Glad to see you haven't fallen asleep on this build Martin, despite the lack of real ale...

Man cannot live on beer alone, there has to be real ale...

Colin

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Man cannot live on beer alone, 

But this alien is prepared to have a dammed good try!

Its a good thing that I have been prodded on this one as it really does need to be finished to go alongside the SH-34 and I want to do a few more KD aircraft. Unfinished, the Tracker is taking up an insane amount of room on my bench, finished it can be boxed up along with the SH_34 ready for shows.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Come on Martin, time to give it that final push to a finish, otherwise...

Colin

….otherwise I may get a final push from @general melchett and I think most of us would do almost anything to avoid that! :yikes:

Worried of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Pint of Shephard Neame's Spitfire would go down rather well right now!

Ian

A nice bottle of Shepherd Neame Spitfire Ale was part of the basket of goodies my team won in a pub quiz at work the other week (canteen decked out like a pub, complete with a selection of beers on tap and nibbles on pub cards).

In Germany.

I took possession of the bottle lest anyone be offended (consider Basil Fawlty's "Whatever you do, ..."), and disposed of the contents in an appropriate manner. That's my excuse, anyway.

A German colleague is now hooked on Tunnock's milk chocolate caramel wafers after claiming some from the victors' stash.

• Haha 4

Worried of Mars 

And so you should be...Big Push, Final Push, Big, Final Push...it's all the same to me in that it involves a great deal of violence and near-fatal abuse of the King's Carrier Pigeons, so be warned, real ale or no...once you've returned to civilization from the boonies you really must get this here Martian Tracker wrapped up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I have run out of the real ale I brought to the island with me. Not quite sure how that happened.

Oh my goodness. I shall have to alert the CAMRA emergency squad for a special delivery. You are a bonafide member I trust...   :)

Cheers,

Bill

PS. I suspect the reason you ran out is because wifey drank it all whilst you weren't paying attention.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Oh my goodness. I shall have to alert the CAMRA emergency squad for a special delivery. 

Mrs Martian is outside laying out a helipad on the village green as we speak. 🚁

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Obviously the beer has succumbed to higher latitude distress evaporation

Best response?

hie ye awa to a local pub and test/taste any available local products...

And prepare for the General's emergency supplies from inside

Ooh how unusual

Melchie's supply of human kindness went the way of Slackbladder

Over the tops and far awa  🤣

Good job Navy Bill's on your case Martian

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

Mrs Martian seems exceeding sceptical of your very logical explanation Bill. I apologise on her behalf; I have no idea what is wrong with her  today.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2019 at 8:43 PM, Martian Hale said:

I have run out of the real ale I brought to the island with me. Not quite sure how that happened.

Martian 👽

Global warming's fault !!

Quite sure about that

you must send that absolute clue to the orange haired duck in DC  :whistle:

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

Global warming's fault !!

Global swarming, back to the carrier pigeon problem again. You see what you've started Martian...pandemonium on a pandemic scale...don't blame me if we have an outbreak of Aryan Bird Flu or foot in mouth!

No! Definitely NOT Melchett's big push!

I'll have you know that my last Big Push was hailed a great success with a minimum of spillage and loss of life.........Upon reflection, I'm not overly confident the Lincolnshire borough water services would agree with that last statement...

Two theories from two Bills... 

I suspect the reason you ran out is because wifey drank it all whilst you weren't paying attention.

I think the latter far more likely...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Global swarming, back to the carrier pigeon problem again. You see what you've started Martian...pandemonium on a pandemic scale...don't blame me if we have an outbreak of Aryan Bird Flu or foot in mouth!

I'll have you know that my last Big Push was hailed a great success with a minimum of spillage and loss of life.........Upon reflection, I'm not overly confident the Lincolnshire borough water services would agree with that last statement...

Two theories from two Bills... 

I think the latter far more likely...

Not paying attention? Me? With my reputation? Alright, its a fair cop!

Guilty of Mars 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quickie, I got the primer on the interior today, black to aid shading. I aim to get the interior colour on, on Friday.

Martian 👽

301.jpg

302.jpg

• Like 6

The last couple of days have seen the main interior colour applied and the highlighting of the structure begun. The port engine bearers have been sprayed Interior Green. The highlighting of the interior is quite a laborious process but I will endeavour to keep you all posted as it progresses. At least stuff has started happening again on the project and I can feel my mojo for it returning.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

• Like 10

Ooh, more Trackery!

Looking good with a lick of paint on her. It's about time this one was brought up to date and finished off, good to hear the mojo is back!

Ian

• Like 1

Those last three photos.

Consider me smacked of gob at most at just how good those combinations of structure and colour now look Martian. Well worth waiting for.

• Like 1