The data on the MiG is inaccurate - scene from Top Gun in 1/144th ++FINISHED++

Fantastic looking dio :goodjob:

...... and just goes to show how Hollywood likes to stretch the boundaries of aerodynamic flight too. :lol:

I take it Goose `giving the bird` may have been problematic? :winkgrin:

Edited by tc2324
  • Like 1

Fantastic looking dio :goodjob:

...... and just goes to show how Hollywood likes to stretch the boundaries of aerodynamic flight too. :lol:

I take it Goose `giving the bird` may have been problematic? :winkgrin:

No not at all mate, it was actually Maverick who was 'giving the bird' while Goose was taking the photo. Believe me when I say I know, I've watched footage of the sequence several times to try and work out which hand he was using whilst inverted. :winkgrin: I think SWMBO thought that I had finally lost the plot. :mental::lol:

If you check back to post #63 you can just about see Maverick in the front seat with his finger raised. The fact that it's not to clear is down to me not raising the arm high enough to be able to see it inverted and Goose does indeed have a camera - but again because I haven't raised his arms high enough it is stuck under the RIO's instrument coaming.

To do this I took the OzMods figures but because the arms were in the flying position I had to remove them from the elbows. Then I took arms from a couple of the Prieser figures and grafted them back on in the new position. Maybe SWMBO was correct in her assessment after all. :lol:

• Like 1

Top idea for a diorama and looks really great.

For the base, maybe some clouds or sky?

Good idea Dermot, I was able to find an aerial view of the Indian Ocean on t'internet but it doesn't show up too well against the blue background I use for photographs. Clouds would give more of a contrast.

AFV club just brought this out.

AFV+Club+MiG-28+AR48S09_boxart+(2).jpg

Thanks for sharing that Pilgrim_UK. It would be good to see this diorama in 1/48th scale.

This turned out great - super idea for a diorama and really nicely done too. Plus you get to show off the underside of the Tomcat without having a mirror base :)

Will

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I'm sorry I missed this its all fab. Today 1/144th is such a good scale to work with I have been getting ever more draw to 1/144 and the excellent Revell kits have a lot to do with that.

I have lots of their kits on the stash but not seen the f5 yet.

Super work John and the acrylic rod idea I shall have to pinch as I have alot of stands and dios to make

Cheers Rob :)

• Like 1

Well I'm sorry I missed this its all fab. Today 1/144th is such a good scale to work with I have been getting ever more draw to 1/144 and the excellent Revell kits have a lot to do with that.

I have lots of their kits on the stash but not seen the f5 yet.

Super work John and the acrylic rod idea I shall have to pinch as I have alot of stands and dios to make

Cheers Rob :)

Thanks Rob. I had a lot of fun building it and picked up some new skills that I should be able to hone and use again in the future.

I was lucky enough to find the F5 kit on the Kingkit site for a reasonable price, but they don't appear too often. I wish Revell would release it again along with their lovely little Hunter kit, I have a full sheet of Hunter decals and only a couple of kits to use them on and Retrokit do a couple of nice improvement/conversion sets so that you can backdate it to the earlier versions - maybe one day. :pray:

• Like 1

Thanks Rob. I had a lot of fun building it and picked up some new skills that I should be able to hone and use again in the future.

I was lucky enough to find the F5 kit on the Kingkit site for a reasonable price, but they don't appear too often. I wish Revell would release it again along with their lovely little Hunter kit, I have a full sheet of Hunter decals and only a couple of kits to use them on and Retrokit do a couple of nice improvement/conversion sets so that you can backdate it to the earlier versions - maybe one day. :pray:

Ah yes the little hunter kit. I had it in my hands once picked it up put it down and never seen one since. You think they would have it in a starter set. My local hobby craft has just gotten new 1/32 hunters so who knows perhaps a reissue will follow soon.

It's one I the best kits around so you would hope so.

I have some ideal of making a fictitious air museum

With all sorts o 1/144 aircraft on its such a cool size for dios.

Keep up the good work Rob ;)