AMT 1|25 Plymouth Fury (Christine)

That's the idea think I've got the wiring figured, there won't be any. I am going to use the little watch batteries tested it last night and 2 of the run 1 led for 3 hours so they will fit inside the lights, easy job done.

Hi all my new leds have turned up. it always tickles me how big the box is they come in

333va6d.jpg

but this time they came with a high quality brochure here are an assortment of pics from said brochure

2v1k7me.jpg

qsa740.jpg

n4bj0n.jpg

all very nice so when I want my 30 million pound yachts lighting upgraded I know where to go.

Anyway thats not why I posted this is my simple but not particularly elegant method for lighting the super troupers

take one led

sfaxvk.jpg

bend thus

2ljkm15.jpg

make a plasticard tube the size of your chosen batteries. inset 2 batteries place bent led over the plastic tube and onto batteries

fuccc6.jpg

insert piece of plastic between the negative pole

5kir89.jpg

light goes out. remove plastic card

fuccc6.jpg

light comes on.

now all I have to do is figure out how to get that inside the super troupers, the batteries and led slip in nicely, its figuring out the switch.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all tonight's installment thought i ought to do some work on the director and his stuff and finish the lights. here is where I am at now.

Here is the little guy I am going to use as Mr John Carpenter.

343ooq0.jpg

with a little persuasion I got him to sit.

5dmlbk.jpg

So now of course he needs a seat.

2rmwe42.jpg

2mmes5s.jpg

okq54j.jpg

fdbzpu.jpg

nq79md.jpg

and here he is with the finished lights

f4mkhk.jpg

wsmj53.jpg

so thats tonights installment.

Lights Camera action

j8hdfn.jpg

I have got to say I am quite chuffed with John Carpenter

wt7uh1.jpg

fnvll5.jpg

wcjm84.jpg

ivleg8.jpg

I dont know if he has one now but the photo I have with him on the set of Christine he is sporting a moustache so I have given my little man one, he dosn't look much like John, I mean john is much slimmer than mine and he is only wearing a jumper on the pic I have, but he could have been wearing a jacket earlier so not too worried about that.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I've started building the other 2 cameras this time they are not Panavision they are Cisca they are being built as a pair but I am giving one a different lens, also one will be on a tripod and the other will be on a dolly.

25ewp60.jpg

t9ccoz.jpg

2u5rfaf.jpg

34ytp48.jpg

rc4fnc.jpg

2nbg7m0.jpg

2qmdw5j.jpg

wmdkqb.jpg

little bit more detail to put on them then build the tripod and the dolly, then the camera men\women the rest of the crew a boom mike I just suddenly thought of (i wonder if that could\would be mounted on the dolly with the camera) some kit boxes, film reels, all the cables then the dreaded crushing christine into the loading bay.

Hi folks and tonights update is,

239vrq.jpg

2mhsky1.jpg

f44r6e.jpg

2z70w8n.jpg

got to try and figure out how to attatch the seat to the dolly for the camera man/woman to operate the camera and then figure out how to attatch the boom mike to the camera then some wheels for the dolly. We really are on the home run now.

Well this shows you how far along we are I have started crushing christine into the loading bay I am so nervous, this is make or break. I have the bumper and grill bent into it, it's now the car. No pics I really should have Christines lights working but to late now I think especially when. The wings are crushed in (not enough room all my leds are 5mm) and I can't damage the paintwork as I mixed the colour and spilt the pot I had it in, so if I ruin the paint I have to spray the whole car again.

Well,,,,,,,, it's,,,, Finished!!!

29uvwjm.jpg

2v3otbq.jpg

2v3q3ac.jpg

2z406c2.jpg

2zz1bo4.jpg

3161z5w.jpg

vzyg7q.jpg

2mi0y6c.jpg

2mg4683.jpg

29b1uso.jpg

6edsfn.jpg

fz45xu.jpg

unfortunately one of the super troupers failed and to fix it I would have to take it all apart, so, since its glued in place it will have to stay off (insert swear word here).

So what do you think have I pulled it off

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've just stumbled onto this thread and read it from beginning to end with enjoyment. I admire your tenacity and determination and think you've ended up with a diorama to be proud of.

I can't believe that no one else has commented after you'd finished.

• 4 years later...
8 hours ago, X Wing Flyboy said:

Guys can anybody recommend a paint colour for Chistine? Autumn Red says the instructions but specific paint name and number would be great!

Sorry, no idea!

However, just wanted to comment on this dio you made KP! I wasn't a member yet back then but I just read the whole thing and it is really amazing.  

Thanks Jerone means a lot coming from you.

Xwing flyboy welcome to the forum. This car never existed (even from the film they used a belvedere not a fury the kit is a rip off as it's a reboxed belvedere (I had to remove the belvedere badging from the kit) so since the car didn't exist (even Stephen king took liberty's in the book) don't get overly worried about paint colour, I used cheap paint (I think I got it from poundland) also if using the kit painting scheme on the interior it is completely wrong and nothing like the film scheme (I got loads wrong on my build, i wasn't much into research then) it really peed me off that the kit is just a rebox of a standard kit but they charge 50% more for it.