1/12 ESCI F-16 cockpit

Hi Folks

I just completed this yesterday. Built totally OOB with some artistic inputs......sorry for the crappy pics....but I am not a good photographer.....nice mold and detailed well for its age....

A refreshing change .....building something different.....all done with gunze paints.

f16_1_zpsc62e525a.jpg

f16_5_zps417428a6.jpg

f16_2_zps3083226e.jpg

f16_3_zpsa78c5107.jpg

f16_4_zpsb841abc7.jpg

I decided to go with a used look as opposed to a new one....also painted the ESCI logo on the display to give it some colour.....

Thanks guys

rgds

mr b

• Like 5

Great work & superb weathering! I've always wanted to build one of these, but they're not easy to find--or cheap!

If you have some "remove before flight" streamers laying around, you might add a few for realism...

To render the cocpit "safe" on the ground,it should have a pin & streamer in the canopy jettison handle (left consul,) as well as the ejection control handle (base of the left forward seat corner) and manual parachute release handle (right side of seat.) The latter two pins are connected to the opposite ends of the same streamer, which lays across the seat...

If you really want to be a stickler, the anti-G hose (left side) is technically velcro-attached to the seat rail to keep it from being damaged when not in use. In practise, the velcro strop seems to come off & we crewchiefs wedge it back against the emergency O2 bottle instead...

Love the helmet as well...two thumbs up!

Cheers,

A. C.

Edited by Arie