1/32 - Bristol M1C Monoplane Scout by Special Hobby - released

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/08/test-model-of-bristol-m1c-in-132-scale.html

test model of the Bristol M.1C in 1/32 scale

We are happy to present here photos of the test model of the Bristol M.1C in 1/32 scale. Both of the two kits, SH32057 Bristol M.1C “Wartime Colours” and SH32060 Bristol M.1C “Checkers & Stripes” alike will contain a set of photo-etched parts, but these were not used for the test-shot assembly. You can see also photos of the sprues, three of them are of short-run type (although some parts are designed using 3D CAD), the last sprue is injected in full-metal CNC mould

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

And now a quiz.

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/09/competition-guess-where-amberkoj-is-and.html

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Competition - Guess where Amberkoj is and win Bristol M.1C kit!

As many of you already know, new 1/32 model of Great War fighter Bristol M.1C is just being prepared in our company. There will be two boxings, SH32057 Bristol M.1C „Wartime Colours“ and SH32060 Bristol M.1C „Checkers & Stripes“ with different markings. When I was choosing the camouflages for SH32057 model, I found machine C4907 with interesting history and combat successes. References said that this machine flew from Macedonian base called Amberkoj. This quite unusual name led me to decision to find out where this base was actually located. For a long time I could not. Finally, a colleague of mine was successful, he found where this base was located, what was its real name and what is its name nowadays. This led me to the idea to use it in our little quiz.

So, be the first to send the correct answer (correct name in WW1 times, todays name and where, in which state this place is located) to our e-mail [email protected] and win our SH32057 Bristol M.1C model, so you will be able to build perhaps this Amberkoj based machine C4907. Winner´s name and the correct answer will be published on our blog.

A. R.

Amberkoj%2BBristol.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/09/kviz-na-tema-kde-lezi-amberkoj-jiz-ma.html

We already know the winner of the „Where Amberkoj is“ quiz.

We would like to thank to all participants for their answers and I can close the contest today morning. Our quiz already has two winners, both Czech and foreign. Both of them will be sent the prize – the Bristol M.1C model as soon as possible. And the correct answer?

The mysterious village Amberkoj was correctly called Ambarköy, or Αμπάρ Κιόι in Greek and Хамбаркьой in Bulgarian. Nowadays, its name is Mandres and is located in Greek Macedonia, north of Thessaloniki.

We are very pleased with the positive feedback of this quiz and we will prepare for you some other interesting questions related to our new models.

V.P.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...