Finally got round to putting this on a base and finishing it off.

IMG_0108_zpse3027a6f.jpg

IMG_0112_zpsc3691025.jpg

IMG_0114_zps59f883cf.jpg

IMG_0113_zps61eb0637.jpg

Base has a on-off-on switch so you can have the interior lit, or the 2 LEDs in the base light up the model.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 9

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure why I haven't seen this until tonight, but better late than never. Warren - that is a cracker of a build. I love the cockpit lighting - it's subtle and not over bright like some ships I've seen of late

I also like the spotlight effect you've done on the base. It was something I was also thinking about when I did the Astro Carrier base but never did. Wasted opportunity there but I'll get over it

Hows the Yamato coming along? ;)

Si

Thanks guys,

Nacho, the red light at the back is a 0.5mm fibre optic guide, there are 2 at the rear and 6 in the cockpit, all from one red LED.

Si, the Yamato has not progressed, I've been attending a few model shows with my lighting kits so had to concentrate on building up some stock and developing new kits.

Cheers,

Warren

Hi Nacho,

If you want lighting kits for FM Star Wars or Revell/Moebius BSG kits have a look at my web store, link below.

If you want to try for yourself then search eBay, there are a number of good sellers that are UK based, alternatively if you want to let me know what you want I can see if I can help.

Cheers,

Warren

Thanks Warren, colbee

I have 3 kits, Star wars, MPC: x-Wing, Milenium Falcon and Tyridium Shuttle. I want to light them. I have already put some leds in another Tyridum.

My problem is that I want to use fibre optic guide and I do not know where to buy it in the uK (i need the fibre guide and the led/connecto to ligth it).

I usually buy my leds in Rapid and in Maplins, but none of them have fibre optic guide...

Any hit where to buy it (web or ebay)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

BR
Nacho

Hi Nacho,

I get my guides from eBay, the seller is fibreopticlightingsolutions, if you type in fibre optic guide they will come up. Also for the LEDs I use Bright Components on eBay, much cheaper than Maplins!!

To connect the fibre optic guide to the LED I use heatshrink sleeving, again Bright Components sell it.

Hoe that helps,

Warren

Hi Warren

I found fibreopticssolutions on ebay. Thanks a lot!

I am surprised that you use heatshrink sleeving to connect fibre optic and LED...I expected a much more complicated mechanial system to align LED and Fibre...I guess much better this way :thumbsup:

Once again thanks for the help, really appreciated!!

Cheers

Nacho

Nacho,

If you buy heat shrink that is just under twice the diameter of the LED and extend it 8-10mm past the end of the LED then when you shrink it you have a ready made tube to put the guides into. I then use insulation tape to wrap round the guides until you get a snug fit and then push them into the heat shrink. If you are very careful you cand shrink the sleeve round the guides but too much heat will melt the guides!!

Cheers,

Warren