Dewoitine D520 Tamiya in italian colors 1/48 with figs

That's lovely, it's all good but the ground work is special - i'm looking to do something similar for a 'retired' greek mirage f.1, so i'm looking and learning from you!

Matt

many thanks to all of you for your kind comments !

Let me say I am not at all an expert at figure painting, as I said I use a simple technique which to my taste is sufficient for 1/48 scale:

I first airbrush the face with red brown paint, then lay down another coat of flesh paint, holding the airbrush slightly above the figure, to keep some shadows. I then mask the face with Maskol and use the same method for the clothes.

After unmasking I put further shadows and highlights with several very diluted coats of Vallejo acrylics.

The eyes are just done with a brown wash. I use a cheap Optivisor clone for detail work. Another useful tool if you work with acrylics is a

wet palette, which can be easily done in a jar lid,

best,

Christian.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
22 hours ago, Hobo said:

Incredibly beautiful build. The diorama is so realistic. Thank you for sharing.

Got to ask - how can you see the pics that aren't there anymore? :shrug: @Julien @Greg B @Shar2 Can any of you guys seem them? :nerd:

3 minutes ago, Greg B said:

only if you look at the flickr link

The original Dropbox links don't work, so you have to trawl the member's Flickr account? :S

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

The original Dropbox links don't work, so you have to trawl the member's Flickr account? :S

Nope, there is a Flickr album link in the Sig.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Got to ask - how can you see the pics that aren't there anymore? :shrug: @Julien @Greg B @Shar2 Can any of you guys seem them? :nerd:

I clicked on the Flickr link found at the bottom of the first post. His other models are amazing also. Definitely worth a look.

Edited by Hobo