Cheers for your participation guys and thanks to Giorgio for Co-hosting!

Will set up the poll shortly so check back and vote for your favourite.

Dave

Dave, I have to thank you for proposing this STGB, running it as a host and setting up the poll

Folks, don't forget to vote for your favourite Tomcat model !!!!

Poll closed! Results as follows:

1st - Andrew's 1/72 F-14A NSAWC

Joint 2nd - tc2324's F-14A VF-111, pau n's 1/48 F-14D VF-101, Speedman's 1/144 F-14D VF-2.

Joint 3rd - Dermo245's 1/72 F-14A VF-41, nimrod54's 1/144 F-14A & F-5, Enzo Matrix's 1/72 F-14A VF-1.

Well done folks!

We do have 5 sheets of Fightertown decals to give to the winners, only problem is there are 6 joint places in second and third and only 4 sheets to give away. What would you guys like to do with the additional sheets?

Dave

Joint 2nd - tc2324's F-14A VF-111, pau n's 1/48 F-14D VF-101, Speedman's 1/144 F-14D VF-2.

Joint 3rd - Dermo245's 1/72 F-14A VF-41, nimrod54's 1/144 F-14A & F-5, Enzo Matrix's 1/72 F-14A VF-1.

Well done folks!

We do have 5 sheets of Fightertown decals to give to the winners, only problem is there are 6 joint places in second and third and only 4 sheets to give away. What would you guys like to do with the additional sheets?

Dave

Dave, Personally, it has been a pleasure just taking part. Also, due to space limitations, in the main I make 1/144 models with the odd transgression into 1/72, so I would be wiiling to forego a prize on this occasion. HTH

Well done folks!

Dave

well ive enjoyed being part of this GB and im quiet happy to forfeit a prize. after all im stoked with a second place thats enough for me :D

Dave, Personally, it has been a pleasure just taking part. Also, due to space limitations, in the main I make 1/144 models with the odd transgression into 1/72, so I would be wiiling to forego a prize on this occasion. HTH

Same for me. I'm thrilled to bits simply to place! I never build jets in 1/48 so I would prefer the decals to go to someone who would really appreciate them.

• Like 1

Another very kind gesture Enzo!

Pure self-preservation. Give me a 1/48 decals sheet and I'll be honour bound to use it. And once I've built a 1/48 Tomcat, I'll just be obsessed by them... look what happened with me and Spitfires! :D

Same for me. I'm thrilled to bits simply to place! I never build jets in 1/48 so I would prefer the decals to go to someone who would really appreciate them.

And it's the same story for me. I'm thrilled that I placed, but as 90% of my builds are 1/144 (or smaller) I'd never get to use the decals. It's been a great group build and I'd like to thank Dave, Giorgio & Mish for hosting, and thanks to Fightertown Decals for providing the prizes. Brian, if your reading this, please can you do some 1/144 stuff again. :pray: (F-16 & F-5 adversary schemes would be nice)

It's interesting that 7 of the 19 entries were 1/144, the highest ratio I've seen in any group. (Excluding the 1/144 group before ANY of you try to point that one out :P )

• Like 1

Wow, pretty happy with placing considering it`s my first ever real world GB on BM.

Thank you all again for the organisation, hosting and prize donations and well done to all that entered. :goodjob:

After seeing all the previous posts, should I feel bad that I`m a 1/48 builder and some USN decals would come in really useful..?? :blush:

• Like 2

After seeing all the previous posts, should I feel bad that I`m a 1/48 builder and some USN decals would come in really useful..?? :blush:

tc2324 your Sundowners build was a great model and fully deserved it's joint second placing. As Enzo has said you should not feel bad about that, just enjoy using them and make sure that you show the results here on Britmodeller. Well done mate. :goodjob:

• Like 3

If you chaps are happy to foregone your prizes due to scaling, that should leave us 2 sheets spare from Brian. What do you think we should do with them? Open decision here, I'll let the masses decide!!

Just like to add my thanks to Dave and Giorgio for hosting, and to Mish for putting this GB on the schedule.

Some more very fine Tomcats produced this time around - well done to all who took part.

Got to say I really surprised myself building another Tomcat so soon after the previous Tomcat GB.

tc2324 your Sundowners build was a great model and fully deserved it's joint second placing. As Enzo has said you should not feel bad about that, just enjoy using them and make sure that you show the results here on Britmodeller. Well done mate. :goodjob:

Thanks John.

If you chaps are happy to foregone your prizes due to scaling, that should leave us 2 sheets spare from Brian. What do you think we should do with them? Open decision here, I'll let the masses decide!!

My two cents worth would be to either hold on to them for any future Tomcat 3 GB or perhaps donate them as prizes to any of the other current GB`s going on at this time.

• Like 1

Personally I'm not fussed what happens with the decals. I mostly build 1/48 but as there wasn't enough to go round I forfeited to give some1 else a chance to claim them. And as I said I'm happy to get a second place model the votes and comments are a prize in them selves and I hope I can do the same in another GB.

I'd be even happier if a mod could edit my user name and add an L after the pau.

Edited by pau n

Thanks very much to Dave and Giorgio for moderating, to Mish for slotting the GB into a very busy calendar and to Brian for the sponsorship.

For those poor misguided souls who voted for my kit, I'm very touched but I urge you to please get your eyes tested.

I'm very happy that I was able to finish at least one kit for this Group Build and dearly hope that we hold another Tomcat build in the future; I may have finished the other two entries in this GB by then (oh, the shame!) and be looking to get another Tomcat underway. I certainly have enough kits in the stash and some great schemes in mind for future builds.

cheers,

Andrew.

Big thanks to Dave & Giorgio for modding, and everyone who helped with my many Tomcat questions!

Can't believe I was joint 3rd as well...thank you.

I'm mostly a 1/72 builder so happy to forgo my prize as well to someone else who would use them sooner than me, or as a future GB prize.

All the best,

Dermot.