Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter FGA.9

I've had a few start stop projects this year with my only finished kit being a Gannet T.5 for the training types group build.

After some doubt about my local model show not going ahead this year I was unsure if I should start something to enter into the competition. After receiving some Welcome news from my local model shop (T7 Models down in Cornwall) I can now go head and build something for this years show. So a deadline of August for this one

I've been spending the past 2 weeks looking for something to enter and then on the shelf of the model shop it was there looking straight at me, and you have to love the box art for this one. Revell's re-release of their excellent 1/32 Hunter FGA.9.

One thing that put me off before on previous releases was the fact of surgery on the decals for the under wing squadron markings around the undercarriage bay. Revell have now finally assisted with pre-cut decals for this.

Here are a few pictures, this is going on the bench today.

photo19_zpsd256e0e4.jpg

photo29_zps929e8c7a.jpg

photo36_zpsd0dc7fe9.jpg

And to my shock, an enter spure tree is missing!!

Seriously!!

Oops! Which section are you missing?

Was going to ask if this one has the better cockpit and ailerons that featured in the F.6 boxing but you may not know yet. At least the box art is a little more dynamic than the first issue.

Ok so on with the build, Since i'm building this completely OOB with no aftermarket parts I started on the ejection seat, needs a couple of decals and a matt cote but coming on ok

photo67_zps0f116893.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to some excellent customer service from T7 models, whom sent me the missing parts this can get back on track. Thanks Martin

My pleasure, Jon. The Revell rep sends his apologies, and will make sure the guilty party in the packing department is taken out and shot.

Looking good so far. :thumbsup2:

Edited by T7 Models
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tips everyone, I checked out a hunter cockpit video as a reference on YouTube, but did miss that ejection seat detail.

In my defense, still learning as a modeler so its all experience, still I hope the kits turns out ok

• Like 1

ok, I've had some progress, quite enjoying the kit at the moment.

Got all the fuselage and wings together, quite impressed with the design of the wing inserts on the kit. Filling all done along with some Mr Surfacer 500 in most of the areas.

Have a few small parts to attach then it will be on with the paint.

Plan the get the aluminium on Good Friday then the Camo on over the weekend.

photo68_zps84839674.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So no updates for a couple of weeks, so thought i'd update, We have the camo painted, still a few little touch ups required but its going great. aluminium painting underneath, still need to paint a few extra's for the aircraft i'm building, but getting there really soon, I could evening finish this by bank holiday monday as I've got the week of work now

photo113_zpsd614b9de.jpg

photo213_zps09563d1e.jpg

• Like 2

Ok everyone, few more bits done since last post, basic undercarriage done alone with painted horizontal stabilizers. few extra parts done around the pit.

Few additional parts to be added to the fuselage and then its gloss cote and decal time. I think the decals will really bring this one to life. Once decals are sealed in etc some weathering and fuel tanks etc can be added. So Looking forward to finishing this one.

photo214_zps0ccf5786.jpg

photo114_zps529bb9af.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates on this one, really have started to bring this close to being completed.

Gloss cote is on, and all decals on including all the maintenance markings and Squadron markings, Revell's instructions could be a little better for placement off all the markings, the Camo pattern might not be 100% correct, but i'm happy.

Now all that is required is seal everything in with a close coat and get the fuel tanks and SNEB pods on, along with a few smaller parts and i'm ready to say finished

photo39_zps3bc47469.jpg

photo215_zps425d8647.jpg

photo115_zpsb0c58b63.jpg

• Like 4

Great paint job, I' ve just started one of these (amongst others) . Mine is from the original release and I will be using a True Details cockpit set if only for the seat, which is magnificent. I am going to try to remove the raised instrument detail and replace it with after market decals.