Anybody know what this is?

nicE1

Hi guys!

Ok! some of you might know what`s going on here! and might have a simple answer!

I found it on Google earth today! but for the life of me I have no idea what`s going on here! :shrug:

anyone got any ideas?!

Unac_zps4a9a7bee.jpg

Depends on where it is, could be used for training anti terrorist or cabin crew etc.

where was it?, maybe a mockup for C.T training

That was my initial thought to! which explains it`s location! RAAF Pearse Australia!

Edited by nicE1

"RAAF Pearce is also used by the Australian Air Force Cadets as a headquarters and on promotional courses, as well as serving as HQ for 7 Wing and the squadron premises for 701 Squadron (AAFC). An airliner mock-up has been built on base to serve as an anti-hijacking training aid for the Australian Special Air Service's counter-terrorism squadron, also known as Tactical Assault Group (West). It is used to practise airliner entry and hostage rescue drills." Looks like a 747sp though.

• Like 1

We've got a very similar mock-up near to Hereford that is used for anti-terrorist training by a well known British Army Regiment. I much preferred the old Trident that they had until a few years ago!

Dave