31 minutes ago, Gaia1984 said:

if you have any suggestion on how to post pictures stored in Google Photo please let me know.

right click image 'copy image address'  paste....

tSHitTPPZ7DoOPWQ-Z1N68pcu2k0JTnMEhfUJ4hv

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody!

I am bringing you quite a lot of updates regarding this project! :) Very exited about this! :)

I have almost finished the paining of the tank. I will have to do some work in the rear part of the tank and paint a few details. As you will see in the pictures I have changed the position of the turret (although I have not fixed it properly yet) and I will have to do some painting in the newly exposed regions that were previously covered by the turret in the old position. I may also have to cut the barrel lock in the fornt and have it in horizontal position instead of vertical. The reason for the change in the position of the turret is because I want to place this model in a Battle of Normady diorama, a bocagge style type of scene. About the painting, I have done this using a Badger sotar 20/20, this is my first time for painting a model with an airbrush and I am quite happy with the results. I have also added some more detail with the brush (rust, chipping, battle damage).

I have also got the Tamiya 1/48 Panzergrenadiers set for the diroama. I have been painting some of the figure during the past weeks. They are not finished yet but they are at the point I am happy to show them. I will be finishing the undercoating of the uniforms in brown and I will be adding the pea dot camouflage pattern after it.

As for the diorama concept, you will see that there is a bocagge road setting. The idea is that these guys were travelling somewhere when they spotted some enemies in the distance over the hedgerows. The troops which were supposed to be travelling on top of the tank are in the process of taking positions and the tank is aiming under the cover of the hedgerow. For making the base, I have used a square wood base, which then I have covered with a layer of cork. This will be the dirt road surface, I used a large file to create the ditches on the margin of the road. I have also done the hedgerow structure using layers of cardboard. I will cover the hedgerow and the "soil" section on the other side of the road with DAS clay to give it some texture and cover it with some grains of sand, small pebbles, etc. I will also add some trees along the side of the road and on top of the hedgerow, for this I will be using some old dry heather branches.

I did some spring clean up of the garden and I managed to collect some moss that came off, I collect this to simulate the dense hedges from the bocagge. I will also use some of it for the folliage of the trees.

There is still a lot of work to do but I can feel that the end is coming a bit closer! :) I would like to bring this diorama to a show once it is ready.

Any way I will stop writing and give you some pictures. It would be great to hear your thoughts and please if you have any comment/suggestion, I would be great to hear it/them.

All the best,

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Gaia1984
Images were not displaying properly

No new pics here I'm afraid, Alex. All I see are 'spacer.png' blocks.

btw, If you're going to use moss, make sure to soak it in 50/50 hot water/glycerine solution for at least a week. You'll have to dye/paint/stain it once it's been soaked and dried out, but it will last for a few years in a dio and possibly longer. Untreated it will dry out, shrink and crumble within weeks or months. There's a few pages on the subject, including experiments with moss, in my WIP 'Ever Evolvin' dio' .Go to the last couple of pages.

Rearguards

Badder

Ok I dont know what happened there. The images should be displaying properly now. This was weird, I have just repeated the same thing I did the first time and now they show up correctly.

Many thanks Badder for letting me know and also for the suggestion to work with moss. I never have thought of using glycerin for fixing the moss. I had in mind was first to dry it for some days and then fix it with hair spray, do you know if this would work?

I have to say that painting the 1/48 figures is being a good fun! Although it is sometimes challenging to get some detail done onto them.

All the best,

Alex