Hasegawa 1/48th F-104J Starfighter

Today's work - started by finishing off the cockpit

P1010770_zpsd6c8b411.jpg

P1010771_zpsa3da0540.jpg

Then added the intakes, masking off the black shock cones, and added the canopy masked with Parafilm

P1010772_zpse6ad26cb.jpg

Then a coat of Alclad Grey primer, and a light rub down

P1010773_zpsdfad6f90.jpg

Finally a coat of Tamiya X-1 Gloss Black

P1010774_zpscfde26e0.jpg

Peter

I think you are both right, but can't check until saturday. Will probably leave it then fill the vents, so it will be missing the vents on the bottom rather than risk the base for the NMF, as the nose is grey so I can get away with it.

Less risk unless the nose will separate cleanly, which I doubt.

I did the same but noticed in time before the glue cured, trust me I've seen this common miscue at model shows and even the judges missed it!!! I got you beat though, I looked for days for my Airies F-104G cockpit set only to find out that I installed it in my F-104C...haha!!!

• Like 1

First today, flipped the nose cone over and a smear of vallejo plastic putty

P1010775_zps20d46039.jpg

Then a quick coat of glossy black again

P1010776_zps5f2e80e7.jpg

Then alclad polished aluminium

P1010777_zps68c77c14.jpg

Then lots of masking with Parafilm and spraying Alclad aluminium and Dark aluminium

P1010778_zpsb974a3cb.jpg

Then masked and sprayed the nose

P1010779_zpsdcc9d073.jpg

Finally put the 'wings' on painted gloss white

P1010780_zpsb2d55162.jpg

Peter

• Like 4

Pete, F-104 looking very nice. I read somewhere that it not that easy to put together. Did you have any issues during your build? From your pics, it seems to have gone together without any difficulty.

Pete, F-104 looking very nice. I read somewhere that it not that easy to put together. Did you have any issues during your build? From your pics, it seems to have gone together without any difficulty.

Nothing major, just some seams where Hasegawa have used inserts to allow for variants

Day off today so more or less finished this off - added the U/C, sensor tubes, missile rack and picked out the lights

P1010783_zpsb37c43b9.jpg

P1010784_zps1ff4f596.jpg

I'm not sure whether to put some grey pigments in the panel lines, i'm leaning towards not, mainly due to being sick of having to touch up the Alclad polished aluminium. If so it's done :thumbsup:

• Like 1