1/24 - Republic P-47D Thunderbolt "Bubbletop" by Kinetic (ex-Vintage Fighter Series) - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let me explain why VFS has not released their SpitfireXIV, the owner is a one man business which is not his main job, has had to deal with Chinese tool makers, which is not easy, invested a small fortune producing the kits so far, had to find an alternative moulder(Kenitic now)to mould his next P47D/M kit, I know all of this as I have been working on some parts for the next P47.

Lastly in the scale he is working in it is not for the pocket money band of modellers, so sales are not going to be in the 1000's, so with this information you may now understand the delay in producing the next new kit.

Let me explain why VFS has not released their SpitfireXIV, the owner is a one man business which is not his main job, has had to deal with Chinese tool makers, which is not easy, invested a small fortune producing the kits so far, had to find an alternative moulder(Kenitic now)to mould his next P47D/M kit, I know all of this as I have been working on some parts for the next P47.

Lastly in the scale he is working in it is not for the pocket money band of modellers, so sales are not going to be in the 1000's, so with this information you may now understand the delay in producing the next new kit.

Is the next kit in the pipeline then?

Could someone please PM me with Ray Thomas's phone number.

18 months ago I replied to a cry for help on behalf of Ray for the loan of two sprues from a VFS P-47D kit to assist with the production of the new P-47M kit. Ray informed me that the original moulds had gone missing and he wanted a copy of the sprues so he could get new tooling made (or resin copies) to enable the new kit to go into production.

I sent the required sprues to Ray, which he recieved (confirmed via a prhone call), within days of the request. A few months later he also confirmed that he had finished with them.

I have since spoken to Ray on a number of occasions to request my sprues be sent back to me (over six months ago now), but I have not received them.

I have also recently emailed him regarding this but no reply has been received.

So, I'm left with a kit which I would love to build but can't - as two sprues are still with Ray.

Please help me get in touch with him so he can return them to me..!!!!!

and yes, I'm feeling rather perturbed about this..!

The sprues were used and turned in to masters for casting, they were returned to Ray when the job was completed, I did the white metal parts and cock pit sides were cast in resin, why he has not sent you a set cast parts I do not know, send me a email to this address and I will sort his number for you. With regards to emails, I too found it difficult to get replies and found out that his computor has gone down and that he is having to use his daughters laptop to get any work done.

[email protected]

Thanks Mick. I'm not sure why he hasn't sent me my parts back either.

Given that I set out purely to help him, at my own expense, the least I expected was the safe and prompt return of the parts. Eighteen months without a hint of them is a bit much really.