Frog Blenheim 1F

First post on Britmodeller.

Recently completed Blenheim 1F, purchased on ebay as a way back into the hobby after a 35 year break1

Thought this would be an easy one to start on but ended up replacing the nose glazing with a Falcon one having completely ruined the original, framing is decal strip.

Tried my hand at weathering, wanted it to look well used, the paint finish has been sprayed using cans and then thinned with fine wire wool and top coated with weak black oil paint.

Also my first attempt at a detailed cockpit interior.

The finish depicts 25 Sq North Weald 1939 based on details from the Blenheim Warpaint book, still need to find a serial number to show L1257.

Thanks for looking.

http://s124.photobucket.com/user/neilh2/library/

• Like 5

Great build there. Really like the cockpit detailing. I built this a few years ago but nothing like this standard. Still, this kit hold up pretty well I think but I'm looking forward to the new Airfix one.

Thanks for the comments, the kit itself wasn't too bad, the fit was pretty good. Most work went into correcting the glazing shape at the junction with the wing root, a common problem and documented on other 1F builds. Getting accurate info on the glazing frame arrangement also proved difficult particularly at the sides, once you start looking at contemporary photos you soon notice that there are variations, in the end I copied the Duxford Blenheim rebuild.

Can anyone tell me why the photos haven't loaded?

Currently finishing a Matchbox Gladiator and just getting started on a Sanger Bristol Bombay (I may regret that one)