1/72 Matchbox HP Victor K2

Hi all,

Just putting the finishing touches to this monster, in fact its a nut & bolt restoration job, I originally built it 5 or so years ago and it resided in my boys bedroom until a near fatal accident reduced it to a pile of bits. Its sat in a box in the garage since gathering dust, but its such an iconic aircraft I just had to re-do it.

It was originally brush painted so its been sanded down, partially re-scribed, stuck back together and given a nice lick of paint in 57 Squadron colours. The decals are from the newer Revell re-box and theyre terrible, most have disintegrated, I had to spray the hi-viz marking on the wing tips.

Its far from perfect, couldn't do away with the seam on the fuselage and the fit is poor in places, and I need to finish the intake covers properly. Anyway, i'm chuffed to with it, 57 was one of my dads old squadrons when he was on the V-force before the Victors were converted to tanker duty, he'd have liked this I think!

cheers

Simon

victor6.jpgvictor2.jpgvictor3.jpgvictor4.jpgvictor5.jpg

• Like 15

The Victor is an awesome looking machine and you've done a lovely job capturing her presence

with this model!

Great work!

• Like 1

Simon - I love this - it is brilliant. I had to swap monitors over to my 30" to enjoy it close up - magnified excellence. I love the old Victors - they don't make 'em like they used to... Thank you for sharing

• Like 1

Very nice!

Really heart warming to see a successful refurb.

Come on Airfix, give us a new one of these - a 1/48 sized one, to go with a 1/48 sized Vulcan B.2, would be even better.

Tony

• Like 1