Revell Lancaster B.III "Dambusters" 1:72

Hello,

This one has been on the drawing board since completing the Airfix Version back in January, hopefully I'll not have as many problems with this one as I am currently having with the "Mustang/Tornado/Gannet", so should be moving fairly quickly.

I'm going to be doing this in the scheme of AJ-G which was flown by Wing Commander Guy Gibson VC DSO* DFC*, and using Humbrol 29 Dark Earth & Tamiya TS-2/XF=61 for the Dark Green sections, the black underside & engine block will be finished in Plastikote Flat Black.

Box and Sprue Shot's:

1icwft.jpg

2j33z1f.jpg

142x9pi.jpg

20ubsdw.jpg

mkbzbk.jpg

mackdc.jpg

33kgpyg.jpg

14ig0ib.jpg

ohol5l.jpg

Not had a chance to take any photo's but I've now sprayed the Flat black area's on the aircraft, as the kit was rather Glossy:

Thanks for Looking

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing this. Are you going to correct the wing angle. I hear this kit (I think this one) lacks the characteristic wing kink on the middle.

Love to sprue shots.

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing this. Are you going to correct the wing angle. I hear this kit (I think this one) lacks the characteristic wing kink on the middle.

Love to sprue shots.

Cheers Rob ;)

Hi Rob,

I'll have a good go at correcting the Dihedrel on the wing at some point during the building process, I'm also hoping to build this one with the cowling's open on the Engines and then possibly add the Airfix Bomber Re-supply Set 1:72 into some sort of a Diorama.

John

• Like 1

Smallish Update 1:

After priming the sprue's yesterday in Plastikote Black I set about building up the 'pit' section, for this I was faced with a choice to do with the Decals as I had a slight problem with getting the seatbelts onto the seats. I decided to use a mix of Humbrol Gold & Humbrol 33 to get a darkish consistancy to paint the belts on the two chair's which required them. I know the main spar section which the wing attaches too isn't the correct colour that will be getting addressed tommorrow, here's the shots of the pit section though:

u2py.jpg

2h2hzpl.jpg

30bgpip.jpg

243f04w.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow will start on the Engines & opening the cowlings up so that they can be seen.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by John.R
  • Like 1