Matchbox Victor...I'm guilty.

Commontsar

I think a big part of Gaston that many people have isn't so much the message as the way it's presented and his response to any that question his results.

The Victor will take some work, but remember the kit was first released close to forty years ago. It may be lacking in details and the fit may not be the greatest, but it is the only game in town if you want a 1/72 Victor. Have fun with it and be sure to post some pics when she's done.

Edited by Don McIntyre

In my view the only thing that should limit how many V-Bombers one has is the space to store them!!

FLY NAVY! Go folded Bucc instead.... :thumbsup:

Love the thead by the way :winkgrin:

• Like 1

I researched the Victor way back when, and found that modifications to a B.1 requires a change in wing length. I've lost all my references, sorry.

Glad to see you are starting a V-bombers endeavor. All very cool - I would like to see a Sperrin injection moulded kit too.

I first saw the Victor at the Cleveland National Air Show after the first gulf war. I regret that I couldn't stay to watch it fly out.

I will be following this, as you can't have too many V-bombers.

• Like 1

This thread has turned out to be a good first one.

I have a Bucc saying that. A frog one. Need to get a replacement canopy of Airfix. I've asked for one today in an email.

Ha Thats like me I bought a kit I remember seeing as a kid but the parents said...."NO you have enough to build already and you already have a buccaneer" That I did it was the s2 but this one was the NA-39. So a few years back and many years later I finally picked up one on ebay but to my horror no canopy, The kit is totally different to the normal airfix buccaneer so I asked airfix for a replacement but they sent me the modern canopy, It does not fit but I will make it fit,

The NA-39 offers folding wings and a rotary bombay. The fit looks poor but looks like its gonna be fun.

• Like 1

Ha Thats like me I bought a kit I remember seeing as a kid but the parents said...."NO you have enough to build already and you already have a buccaneer"

My stash is mostly *from* my childhood. At Fairford one year my dad bought a whole bin bags worth of stuff for me. I keep buying them now (got a Mig-23 today...) and my mum still says "WHY ARE YOU BUYING MORE???" - she doesn't understand the way of the stash!

• Like 2

My stash is mostly *from* my childhood. At Fairford one year my dad bought a whole bin bags worth of stuff for me. I keep buying them now (got a Mig-23 today...) and my mum still says "WHY ARE YOU BUYING MORE???" - she doesn't understand the way of the stash!

I remember taking my first fiancée to a Fairoaks show and spending most of my time buying up Novo Navy types, all sadly lost, but cheap as chips. Nice to hear you've got a, reputable stash. Dad's know! LOL!

Edit: Don't let them tell you that the fingers can do the walking, when the brain can't even do the talking. Typos galore! There's a modern film in that somewhere!

Edited by Nobby57

I love visiting Museums these days. They tend to have a lot of bargins and are relatively negotiable on price. For someone who's not go lots of money right now it's handy. Plus a lot of the smaller museums have kinda rarer stuff as it's old stock.

I might try and go to Bournemouth Museum whilst I'm down there (2 weeks today until I go). It was great last time - though I know it's changed a LOT.

• Like 1

Have one myself, unbuilt of course from many years ago with DB Productions extras, I think it is to do with new intakes etc, can't remember now, will I ever build it is the question, would really like to is the answer!

I too have fond memories of Matchbox artwork, a good few (if not all from that time?) were done by Ian Kennedy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Kennedy_(comics) who also done comics/annuals and even a Scalextric catalogue I've got, love his style and is my favourite artist in any form, we here so much about Roy Cross and not enough of Ian!!

Edited by Toe

Speaking of Victors I just managed to pick up a fantastic little kit the very rare Kader Victor B1 kit also made by Lincoln and Hawk, Its a fantastic little kit and I really want to make it but feel I shouldn't. Such a cute little Victor at nearly 1/144th just a little shy of it.

I hope Revell or Airfix issue us a new Victor soon It would make me smile from ear to ear.

IMO, if you've got it, build it. It doesn't do much good sitting on the shelf (says the guy with too big of a stash). :blah:

I agree I want to build it , Its what its made for. I would just make sure I do a darn good job on it seeing as its so Rare.

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 1