Very nice build and photos, looking great! Good work! :) Thats interesting you said about the shark mouth, did you mean it was just some kind of "poster" or i dont know how to call it, which was removed before flight? I m sorry i dont have any knowledge about this kind of stuff, but i found that interesting, so if you would have any deeper explanation, i would be realy enjoying it, thanks :)

• Like 1

Very nice build and photos, looking great! Good work! :) Thats interesting you said about the shark mouth, did you mean it was just some kind of "poster" or i dont know how to call it, which was removed before flight? I m sorry i dont have any knowledge about this kind of stuff, but i found that interesting, so if you would have any deeper explanation, i would be realy enjoying it, thanks :)

Hi Wolwe82,

The following link explains the "Sharkmouth" dilemma.....hope you can see it..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13935339@N05/4840135843/in/photostream/

Brian.

Great looking Phantom, can't say no to a cool shark mouth motif,

Sean

By the way, where did you get the background? It sets the models off to a tee.

Edited by sean
  • Like 1

Another excellent build Brian. Can I ask, did you rescribe the kit? I assume that an ESCI kit would be of raised panel line vintage.

And I'm still equally as impressed by your base and background.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your comments...

@ Sean.....The background is a pre printed roll stuck to a piece of cardboard. Most model railway shops should stock it and it costs about £1.50.

@ Filler......The ESCI phantoms, although quite old kits are already "engraved" and you only need to deepen some of the shallow panel lines by say running an Acto blade in them, for example those over the top of the fuselage.

@ Alan Kelly...."Shark mouth Spitfire" go on spoil him!

Cheers

Brian.

• Like 1

Can I ask people to STOP posting so many nice builds when I go away for a few days?!

It's hard to keep up as it is dontcha know? :lol:

Excellently built and presented F4 that is. As Sean says, can't say no to shark mouth, and I can't say know to some 'proper' stars and bars in red, white and blue. none of that low vis rubbish. :lol::winkgrin:

Thank you for sharing. :)

• Like 1